You asked for it.... Now you got it.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I wish Ups would just do the RIGHT thing and treat the workers better. Not saying we need huge raises, but better working conditions for sure! How the :censored2: is 6+ billion dollars in profit not good enough for those money grubbing mongoloids?! Make some sacrifices to help staff better and they could still profit over 4-5 billion a year which is PLENTY.

If they made even a small effort to maybe properly staff preload so drivers could get a decent load a few days a week it would go a long way. Better loads=less time on road=less paid day for top rate drivers. I hope we don't have to strike, but if we do then Ups deserves to lose the billions of dollars they will as a result. Greed will be the ultimate downfall of this pathetically run company!

Heavy Package

I don't want to strike - I want to take this company for everything I can. But the working conditions are crap and need to be improved.

Aww hell with it - UPS won't give us an inch. It's strike time....

strickup.jpg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Neither of those letters say anything about a strike authorization vote.

Did you miss this part ?

"Enclosed, please find a copy of the Constitution of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, so that you may be informed of the Union’s requirements for entering into a binding agreement. This matter is covered specifically in Article XII, Sections 2 and 23."

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you miss this part ?

"Enclosed, please find a copy of the Constitution of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, so that you may be informed of the Union’s requirements for entering into a binding agreement. This matter is covered specifically in Article XII, Sections 2 and 23."

-Bug-

That is SOP for any contract negotiation.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don't want to strike - I want to take this company for everything I can. But the working conditions are crap and need to be improved.

Aww hell with it - UPS won't give us an inch. It's strike time....

strickup.jpg
Yep... the strike bunker is fully operational...ready to roll...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Can't have a strike authorization without those letters being filed.

Exactly.

"The Hoffa administration came under fire for failing to notify the Federal Mediation
Service five years ago.

The letters sent by Hoffa’s Package Division Director Denis T also puts the company on notice that the UPS and UPS Freight contracts are not final, and are subject to renegotiation, if the members vote to reject the company's offer."

-Bug-

What'dyabringmetoday???

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm real worried about the thought of a strike. Just look at how the company has streamlined things to the point that the non-management people are hardly needed. For instance- not being able to process all loads, EC when no bad weather, not processing all pick up pieces and scanning as tendered late, etc. No question they are well prepared.

Lol.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
6 billion or 600 billion.....UPS would never be satisfied. UPS is not a person. It is a business that answers to shareholders not employees. We are just pawns to be used and discarded.

Stick up for yourselves and strike if necessary. As a last resort if you don't want to continue to be treated like animals.

Family First. That always should be your priority.