You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I thought I'd create a new thread where we can all talk about the day to day stupidity that goes on in our stations. I'll start.

Yesterday, as we were issued our equipment, some of us were given printers but told that we don't get batteries because we are short of batteries and we don't do enough pickups. Ummm.

dezguy

I have lots of stories about the stupidity that goes on at my station. Unfortunately, I'm at a pretty small station and any stories I talk about would give away my location, if someone wanted to do some research.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have lots of stories about the stupidity that goes on at my station. Unfortunately, I'm at a pretty small station and any stories I talk about would give away my location, if someone wanted to do some research.

Here's one that happens all the time. My managers are always preaching about FedEx policy that prohibits cellphone use. As soon as the sort goes down, who do you see talking on his cellphone as he is driving out to do a route...the manager. Also, if you're dumb enough to give them your number, how do they usually contact you...on your cell phone. And, what about all the couriers and RTDs I see wearing Bluetooth devices? As far as I know, these aren't fashion ear wear, so you don't need Columbo to determine that they're talking on their phones while driving. Nobody in management ever says a single word to them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And another one..... Hiring is a regular thing in my station. They are hiring new people, but we don't have enough trucks or equipment for them.

This is happening everywhere, and has been happening for a long time. We have part-timers who start at 1400 waiting for "their" vehicle until 1545 (or later) to get back from the AM part-timer, who stayed late to deliver the freight that arrived on the CTV at 0830 instead of 0630. Then, the PM managers get mad at the AM managers because they are "effing up the operation". We have at least 3-4 people (sometimes more) who head straight to the ramp every night, where they promptly miss the plane, along with the late shuttle and sometimes, the late CTV with 5 100% AMJs. Oh, and how about those uncovered PM routes that the people who are already starting late are supposed to cover? What a cluster.

It just gets better all the time.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Handheld and Bluetooth are not one in the same.
SfnQxMN.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.