You express guys ready to be embarrassed?

Slick silver

Hah I laugh, I wonder how many of those won't be getting picked up by ground. Especially when you get a bunch right at 1600 for a 1700 close. I see FAILS coming a management yelling a contractors for failed service

Slick silver

Plus I do believe our call center people will still screw it up and we will be doing more pick ups on the express side. Habib still can't understand English lol

It will be fine

http://www.fedex.com/us/smallbusiness/updates/september2010/same-day-pickup.html

The beginning of the rollout for on call pickups at Ground. You'll soon see that it isn't really that difficult to handle them.
Is that from 2010? Or that just the URL? Doesn't seem to be catching on if this is 5 years old. Sounds like the test areas of "ship and get" lockers, no one uses them so it never goes system wide. There's not too much demand for same day Ground pickups. If people want it, they're better off getting the contractor's number, better service and they don't have to pay the extra pickup charge on top of the per piece pickup charge.

dezguy

Guess that means we'll be fixing Ground's pup mistakes now too. Personally, I get 2-3 misdels that Express needs to fix monthly.

STFXG

It's new. We had a meeting recently about it. A "heads up" meeting. Not sure when it will completely roll out.

It will be fine

It's new. We had a meeting recently about it. A "heads up" meeting. Not sure when it will completely roll out.
Are they offering additional compensation or just paying the regular stop charge? I'm guessing it'll take longer to roll out in ISP states, some guys still have 5 year deals that they don't have to change if they don't want to. This would be a change requiring renegotiation.

STFXG

Are they offering additional compensation or just paying the regular stop charge? I'm guessing it'll take longer to roll out in ISP states, some guys still have 5 year deals that they don't have to change if they don't want to. This would be a change requiring renegotiation.
No numbers mentioned. I would guess it will cost the customer, like the evening delivery option, so they will throw us a coupe extra shekels.

Some kind of Customer Connection deal.

Slick silver

Hate that, I have a stop like that also. I finally made them my last stop, so that I would be there till 1700 and clear out. They have a habit of calling in one minute before the cutoff time for the area before then. So many days of driving 15 min back across the city just for one package.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Guess that means we'll be fixing Ground's pup mistakes now too. Personally, I get 2-3 misdels that Express needs to fix monthly.
We'll see how skillfully Ground drivers will be blowing off some of these PITA on calls. And yes it will happen.