" You Wouldn't Have Anything, A House, A Car, or Anything Else If It Weren't For UPS"

FilingBluesFL

Re: " You Wouldn't Have Anything, A House, A Car, or Anything Else If It Weren't For

Did you ask him how much he has to give to get what benefits he does from UPS? lol

Buck Fifty

Re: " You Wouldn't Have Anything, A House, A Car, or Anything Else If It Weren't For

That's when I tell them, they wouldn't have a clue if it weren't for us. Sounds like ya'll owe us one !

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

I used to have an On Car that would pull his wallet out of his back pocket and tell us "I'm paying you to do........", we would just laugh at him. He has been long gone.

A

anonymous6

That's jump style baby lol. Im dat dude that likes to be different not cliché feel me lol.

I was just messing with you for laughs.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Its all love on here dogg lol. We all drink out of that same sh tty brown cup lol.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

I have had smug ass center manager's say stupid ****** to me like this before as well. Nothing surprises me anymore, I just stand up to them ' yell right back at them in there face ame they seem to back off. If you back down to these pu**y a** bi****s they will continue to harass u. Stand up to them and they will see ur not the one 2 mess with.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Exactly punk em down if they come at ya the wrong way. Only way to play the game lol.

A

anonymous6

I have had smug ass center manager's say stupid ****** to me like this before as well. Nothing surprises me anymore, I just stand up to them ' yell right back at them in there face ame they seem to back off. If you back down to these pu**y a** bi****s they will continue to harass u. Stand up to them and they will see ur not the one 2 mess with.

I was wondering if he wanted me to bow down or get on my hands and knees?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

My favorite is when they were on a kick saying "you're just a Steward".

I would just smile and say "that's all I need to be.".

A few OSHA, NLRB, & DOT decisions later they stopped saying that. They are slow learners.

alwaysoverallowed

Lately I've become a real loud mouth, not so much out of disrespect but out of necessity to deal with the failures of dispatch. I have a good relationship with my on road and center manager, when it hits the fan I'm the one that bails them out. A couple of weeks ago I was bailing them out yet again and I jokingly said it's easier for the company to hire one of you off the street then me the DM overheard this and called me out on it. Went on about part timers wanting to drive, I'm lucky to have a job the whole nine. When he was done I asked him if he wanted me to go home his was response was "I DON'T KNOW WHO ELSE IS GOING TO DO(at this point his speak toned down and his face lost the bright red color) this?" I just said I joke to keep my sanity man it's just cardboard it'll get there before 5. Some more words were told to me about respect and went about my day making the company money. I really hate ups but I like the money it affords me to make the lifestyle my family enjoys so now I just go to work and do just enough not to get fired; we'll just enough so if I do get fired the union can get my job back. Yeah we've hit a new low in our center.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

I hear ya dude. Today was bust out routes Monday. And it was freakin ridiculous. The center manager was in the office with us sweating which routes the dispatch guy was busting out. It was pretty funny lol. I felt kinda bad for a sec cause I do like the dude hes a pretty cool cat. But after I found out my route was out and I had to run someone elses route with a jacked up dispatch I suddenly didn't feel that way anymore lol. Oh and you know I kicked them in the planters(NUTTS) TIL 830 FOR 10.5 PAID DAY LOL.

alwaysoverallowed

Yeah ours was real bad they sent a 65 yo driver out with 230 stops covering 3 routes and I had to bail him out at 5; he only had 90 done. Took 70 left him with the rest punched out at 930. It's not even October.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

The more stops I have and the funkier the dispatch the slower I move. Weird how that works lmfao

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

a supe told me this. I swear on the souls of my children and grandchildren. I had to laugh at him and told him that I started work at UPS at age 37 and already have had several houses, 2 Harleys , and about 15 cars from age 18 before I even thought of UPS.

I also reminded him that UPS had not "given" me anything that was not negotiated by the Teamsters Union.
How ludicrous. I had all that too except for the Harleys at that time. I also raised two children and made it to all their functions, had a social life, and energy left to do it all. I pity the young driver with a family. They miss so much.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

How ludicrous. I had all that too except for the Harleys at that time. I also raised two children and made it to all their functions, had a social life, and energy left to do it all. I pity the young driver with a family. They miss so much.

Yeah, but how long has this job been a time drag? It's been that way ever since I've driven. I guess it's all about choices. Do you want a job that pays 30 to 40 grand a year that you might get off at 5PM every night, or a job that has unpredictable hours that pays almost a 100 grand a year with some of the best benefits in this country?

You don't get to pick and choose which parts of the job you want and which parts you don't. It's a take it or leave it proposition.

Look, no one likes to take crap like we do. But we are wrongfully insulated if we think that only our job gets this much crap. Most jobs have idiot bosses like we do. But don't take my word for it; ask your neighbors. Our bosses tend to have attitudes because we have better insurance than they do, and we work less hours--on the whole--than they do.

I don't fight with these guys anymore. My backtalk is on the overtime ledger of my pay stub. That's good enough for me.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Yeah, but how long has this job been a time drag? It's been that way ever since I've driven. I guess it's all about choices. Do you want a job that pays 30 to 40 grand a year that you might get off at 5PM every night, or a job that has unpredictable hours that pays almost a 100 grand a year with some of the best benefits in this country?

You don't get to pick and choose which parts of the job you want and which parts you don't. It's a take it or leave it proposition.

Look, no one likes to take crap like we do. But we are wrongfully insulated if we think that only our job gets this much crap. Most jobs have idiot bosses like we do. But don't take my word for it; ask your neighbors. Our bosses tend to have attitudes because we have better insurance than they do, and we work less hours--on the whole--than they do.

I don't fight with these guys anymore. My backtalk is on the overtime ledger of my pay stub. That's good enough for me.
it tarted imo when we went public. I went ft in 1992, by then my kids were mostly grown. Yet I could usually get home for a game at 730, with an hour drive. No more.
I have neighbors and friends who have jobs and are home at 6 at the latest, and they make about the same as me. And they get sick days and personal days. I dont.