Your first auto

texan

Perhaps it has already been discussed here. Still some punches on my new guy card left....

What was your first auto?

Mine was 1956 Ford friend-100 Pickup. It had a Borg-Warner T-98 4-speed with a granny 1st gear, so you always started in 2nd.

It had a 272 C.I. Y-Block and 3.73 rear end gears.

It always started, even in the dead of winter. You just pulled out the choke a little, and va voom it was lit.
Solid as a rock those old Ford pick-ups. Drove it for many years with no problems.
I had it in high school. Yes I obtained it as a used auto and my high school years were later than the 50s or 60s.
How about you? Like your first love, one never forgets that special first one.

texan

Truthfully I did not know AMC was still around in 1982. Shame that they went away. I loved those AMXs and other models sir from the 70s.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I never owned a car...pre-marriage. I always had a car available to me. Our family had 2 cars and I always drove my mom's '61 Galaxie. That thing was a tank on wheels!! Ours was brown.

1961 Ford Galaxie

old levi's

blank space
49 Packard, straight 8, that's right, built like a tank, back seat was a sofa with tons of leg room; just what a high school kid needs in a car, the Luv-mobile

packard.jpg

Not the actual car, just wanted you young people to see a real automobile!
packard.jpg

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
69 Chevy Biscayne

1969BiscayneA.jpg

Mine was tan with rust accents on the rear quarters. Only thing in the dashboard that worked, was the cigarette lighter. Bought it for $50. When I sold it a couple of years later, it had no reverse (had to carefully plan your parking), no passenger window, and the lighter quit working. Got $50 for it.

(Lucky to have not killed myself, or someone else, considering all of the alcohol that was consumed in that car) :sad-very:

DS

Fenderbender
Mine was a 1964 rambler American 200,when I was around 18.
My parents bought it new,and they sold it to me for what the dealer offered them on a trade in,$300.
Three on the tree standard tranny.
It had vacuum assisted wipers that slowed down as you accelerated.
Died when t-boned by a caddilac going through a red light,synchro in first would've prevented it.

thanks for the memories, good thread idea

Last edited:

old levi's

blank space
Mine was a 1964 rambler American 200,when I was around 18.
My parents bought it new,and they sold it to me for what the dealer offered them on a trade in,$300.
Three on the tree standard tranny.
It had vacuum assisted wipers that slowed down as you accelerated.
Died when t-boned by a caddilac going through a red light,synchro in first would've prevented it.
But those wipers would speed up real nice when you topped the hill. LOL