Your former life...

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
This might have been discussed in another thread but I couldn't find it so starting it over. In my former life, I was a police officer for 15 years now I'm doing this. Most people who are in law enforcement / para-law enforcement, military are a type "A" personality. I am not going to articulate anymore but, I most definitely am a type A personality

I find that most, not all, of the people who work the front lines at brown (loaders, pre-loaders, and drivers) are of the type A personality. For those whom are not aware of the personality types, here is a brief synopsis of what they are:

personality-a.jpg

TYPE A:
ambitious, rigidly organized, highly status-conscious, sensitive, truthful, impatient, always try to help others, take on more than they can handle, want other people to get to the point, proactive, and obsessed with time management who multi-task, workaholics, push themselves with deadlines, and hate both delays and ambivalence.

So if you made it this far, I'd love to know what you all did in your previous life before brown and what personality type you are or think you are.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm a mix. I'm time urgent, relaxed, one thing at a time and do not express my feelings except for the occasional rage. Worked in the printing business for 10 years before becoming a driver.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Before brown, I was a college graduate...pursuing a career in the medical field...and I'm more type A ..with the sense of humor and maturity of a 7 year old...lol. A few bad decisions later...now I'm just an overpaid humper of cardboard..lol

Last edited:

overallowed

I did assembly line work and was paid piece rate. At that time I was probably a type A. Three decades later, I am probably an A- or B+. Mellowed some, but not that much.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I did assembly line work and was paid piece rate. At that time I was probably a type A. Three decades later, I am probably an A- or B+. Mellowed some, but not that much.
I find I'm more mellow outside of brown....at work...it's more of a please go friend youself attitude...lol

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

At least the "piecework" now pays a helluva lot more than when I did it and made $60 a week!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I don't talk to people on my route. It's all about gittin er done. The guy before me knew every person, animal and plant. Worked an hour or 2 longer than me everyday also.