Your horoscope is quite possibly wrong

klein

Für Meno :)
A Minnesota astronomer confirms what many have suspected: Your horoscope is quite possibly wrong.

Earth's shifts on its axis over the past 3,000 years have changed the 12 zodiac signs. For example, think your sign is Aquarius? You may be a Pisces. (There's also a 13th sign, Ophiuchus, that's based on a constellation the ancient Babylonians threw out for symmetry thousands of years ago.)

So who's to blame for this scam on zodiac devotees?

The ancient Babylonians based the zodiac on which constellation the sun appeared to be in when a person was born. Since then, the moon's has exerted a gravitation pull on Earth, causing a "wobble" on its axis that has shifted the stars' alignment by about a month, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports.
"Because of this change in the tilt, the Earth is over here and the sun is in a different constellation than it was 3,000 years ago when this study of the stars began," astronomer Parke Kunkle told the Twin Cities' KARE-TV.

The shift isn't new, Kunkle says -- the zodiac world just hasn't taken the wobble into account.

Here's your new sign below:

Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11
Pisces: March 11-April 18
Aries: April 18-May 13
Taurus: May 13-June 21
Gemini: June 21-July 20
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23-Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20

klein

I changed from Aquarius to Capricorn.

See how that works out for me !

Actually fits my long ago ex-fiancee.
She turns into Leo instead of being a Virgo, and I would say that's correct, and right on the nose !

klein

I am a capricorn too...., now.....so are we compatible? I have to steal this to fb.

My dad was big into Astrology, from what I remember only 1 or 2 signs are compatible with eachother (being the same sign).

I do remember Aquarius wasn't 1 of those ! Not sure about a desert creeper now LOL
From being in water all my life - going into the hot desert........

P

pickup

who suspected? Anyone who bothered looking at the stars could have figured it without a telescope. Your sun sign is called your "sign". The constellation that was behind the sun relative to earth the day you were born.

I see Klein , you didn't notice that that article slipped in a 13th sign. I will leave it up to you to figure out which one it is . Kind of makes sense, as libra, the balance can balance six signs on one side and six signs on the other.

I posted this vid here on brown cafe over a year ago. No takers then( had a protesting pisces that wanted to remain a pisces) but when it gets the official stamp of yahoo and msn then it is news.

klein

I caught, and it's all those Orphans out there, today and they can't even read their horoscope, because no one publishes it !
Orphaned by the horoscopes, too !

But, yeah, good youtube video, thanks for adding it to this thread !

(now tooner will need to post your vid on her fb, too) !

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
My hubby went from Sagittarius to something called Ophiuchus....WTH !

I've been a Taurus all my life! The "bull" suits me to a T. Stubborn is my middle name. I refuse to be an Aries.

Thank goodness I don't believe in any of that bunk!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
So, I'm thinking (that could be dangerous) that all of those people who pay heavily for readings of the stars....can they demand their $$$ back now. Think way back when Nancy Reagan was accused of consulting a horoscope before Ronnie made big decisions.

Do all of these so-called star gazers with all of their memorized stuff about each of the 12 signs, now have to go to school to get a degree in Ophiuchus?? And, who got to name that new sign?? Couldn't they think of a nicer name that's easier to spell?? Like Bert or Amy.

klein

Ophiuchus is a large constellation located around the celestial equator. Its name is Greek (Ὀφιοῦχος) for 'serpent-bearer', and it is commonly represented as a man grasping the snake that is represented by the constellation Serpens.

There are multiple versions of the story in Greek mythology. One states that Ophiuchus is identified with the healer Asclepius, son of Apollo, who became so skilled that he brought the dead back to life. Then Hades became so angry that he convinced Zeus to kill Asclepius with a lightning bolt. After his death, he was placed in the stars as a constellation.

Another version states that Asclepius witnessed a snake reviving a dead snake with herbs. Zeus then killed Asclepius with a thunderbolt to prevent the knowledge from spreading, but out of honor for his life works, turned him into the constellation Ophiuchus (The Snake Holder).

klein

I had to look it up yesterday. I knew hardly anything from Astrology, to think of it.
Aquarius in German is called "Wassermann" which means Water Man.

Now, I found out that I'm no longer an Aquarius, but also it's considered an "air sign".
However Aquarius was responsible for flooding the earth.

Now, I'm a Capricorn, still living with water (it's a Sea-Goat) however is an "earth sign"

Oh well, live and learn.

Actually this is more your sign.

10-funny-signs11-thumb.jpg
10-funny-signs11-thumb.jpg

klein

First reaction of my fb posting of it:
I heard it's all over Twitter, now , too !

Maggie Belle‎; Signs of zodiac have changed?!?!? EAT S.H.I.T CAPRICORN. AQUARIUS FOREVERRRR.

(funny) :)