Your October "Raise" Has Just Been Negated

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Today's official announcements to employees about "rapidly rising health care costs" and impending plan changes has just more than eliminated anything that you might get in October. May I remind you that UPS employees pay NOTHING for coverage. FedEx management will spew the usual "but they pay union dues!!" garbage, and then remind you that you have "top-notch healthcare at affordable cost". Pure BS. Our healthcare sucks, our rates are sky-high, and our co-pays and deductibles are ridiculous. In other words, grab those ankles again and bend over.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
Grab your ankles again...do yourself a favor and stay in that position. You aren't done taking the ramming.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Grab your ankles again...do yourself a favor and stay in that position. You aren't done taking the ramming.

You're right. There's more to come. That's why I wear a spiked butt plug covered in blowfish venom....it's going to hurt if they try and poke me.

STFXG

You're right. There's more to come. That's why I wear a spiked butt plug covered in blowfish venom....it's going to hurt if they try and poke me.

Won't that result in an OLCC? Only fedex approved butt plugs can be used on company property.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
It's always the same. Fred stands behind us sticking 50 cents in our left front pocket with one hand while removing a buck from our right front with the other.

DontThrowPackages

Hey, we're the company piggy bank. California Class action lawsuit? No problem, take it out of the hourlies. Buyouts for Bigwigs and their secretaries? No problem, take it from the hourlies. Pill gate, need a new plane or two, need to hit 114 a share? Take it out of the hourlies. I wonder what they will do when there's no one left and they've replaced everyone with the people they REALLY want. The appetite for greed won't ever stop you know. I wounder how they will squeeze an employee who receives no OT, no Medical insurance, No retirement, no guarantee he will have a job the next day and who already does 150 stops a day. How will they squeeze that guy?

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

How will they squeeze that guy?
151 stops. One extra stop per courier per day multiplied by thousands of couriers = the ability to eliminate 50 courier positions. That would save 1.75 million dollars per year. 50 is an arbitrary number I made up. Maybe its 10, maybe its 200. The point is, its what will happen once healthcare, retirement, topped out CRRs are all pillaged and bled dry. Like you said, the greed never stops. I once worked for a company that was a microcosm of express. It was a large company. They did the things you describe to save money. One day, the maintenance men came in and took out 1 out of every 2 fluorescent light bulbs. That could also be the next step. Ever purchased your own uniforms or have an IOU issued to you to reimburse you for fuel purchased on your own card? It's coming.

DontThrowPackages

151 stops. One extra stop per courier per day multiplied by thousands of couriers = the ability to eliminate 50 courier positions. That would save 1.75 million dollars per year. 50 is an arbitrary number I made up. Maybe its 10, maybe its 200. The point is, its what will happen once healthcare, retirement, topped out CRRs are all pillaged and bled dry. Like you said, the greed never stops. I once worked for a company that was a microcosm of express. It was a large company. They did the things you describe to save money. One day, the maintenance men came in and took out 1 out of every 2 fluorescent light bulbs. That could also be the next step. Ever purchased your own uniforms or have an IOU issued to you to reimburse you for fuel purchased on your own card? It's coming.
Maybe as long as the average is less than one dead civilian a month then maybe they will push to that extreme.

CJinx

Are you guys getting the same healthcare plan as Ground employees; consumer choice and consumer premiere? If so then I'm not sure what you're bitching about, the plans are actually quite good.

MAKAVELI

Are you guys getting the same healthcare plan as Ground employees; consumer choice and consumer premiere? If so then I'm not sure what you're bitching about, the plans are actually quite good.
With no specifics such as monthly premium, deductibles, co pay, coverage, etc it is impossible to tell. Why people "bitch"about our ins is because premiums go up every year and benefits are cut every year. So give us some specifics so we can compare instead of making the assumption that we are just bitching.