Your thoughts....

Travwise

Hey guys I am in a bit of a unique position regarding pay rate/wage progression and am wondering if anyone else has ran into the same problem I have. I'll try to keep it short. My seniority date is July 1, 2013...

When everyone else in my center received retro checks I was told that I should of also received one and that it was a clerical error. A few weeks later I asked again and was told that actually I was NOT entitled to one because my seniority date was prior to the new contract date, and that my wages would remain what was spelled out in the previous contract. I was not happy but it kind of made sense to me so I let it go.

Today I was told I will not be receiving the $.70 increase on August 1, 2014 either...the reasoning being that I had not yet "attained" seniority as of August 1, 2013 (I was still in my 30 days). According to my area manager I fall into a "gray area" or "loop hole".

I am working with my local (although they have not been super helpful). Wondering if anyone else has the same or similar senority date and what your experience has been during this time period? Any thoughts from the salty vets out there? Thanks much. Happy Friday everyone.

-Travis

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A
Sorry. They are one in the same aren't they? I was an off the street hire, started my 30 days on July 1, 2013.
actually not sure how off the street works. An off the street was hired same day that I started driving and I have a month or so on him seniority wise.

UPSGUY72

Hey guys I am in a bit of a unique position regarding pay rate/wage progression and am wondering if anyone else has ran into the same problem I have. I'll try to keep it short. My seniority date is July 1, 2013...

When everyone else in my center received retro checks I was told that I should of also received one and that it was a clerical error. A few weeks later I asked again and was told that actually I was NOT entitled to one because my seniority date was prior to the new contract date, and that my wages would remain what was spelled out in the previous contract. I was not happy but it kind of made sense to me so I let it go.

Today I was told I will not be receiving the $.70 increase on August 1, 2014 either...the reasoning being that I had not yet "attained" seniority as of August 1, 2013 (I was still in my 30 days). According to my area manager I fall into a "gray area" or "loop hole".

I am working with my local (although they have not been super helpful). Wondering if anyone else has the same or similar senority date and what your experience has been during this time period? Any thoughts from the salty vets out there? Thanks much. Happy Friday everyone.

-Travis

This is correct you will not start getting the annual raises until you reach top rate. Your hire date FT seniority date is before the new contract so you fall under the old contract. The good news is that you have a 3 your progression not 4. You should be making $18.45 now and next July it will go to $20.75 and in July of 2016 you will top out at $33.66 and then on Aug 1, of 2016 you will start getting the annual raises. SO on that date you will be making $34.36.

turdbrown

A

actually not sure how off the street works. An off the street was hired same day that I started driving and I have a month or so on him seniority wise.
i was hired off of the street and my seniority date is the same as my start date, not when i passed my 30 days. you will not get the any retro/increases until you finish your pay progression

S

selfcancelsignal

This must very by supplement. I'm on the 3 year progression, but did receive a retro check. Waiting 'til after 8-1 to see if I get the general wage increase.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.