Your UPS legacy?

rod

Retired 22 years
rod,

Thanks for participating in this thread.

You are entitled to care about whatever you choose, but allow me to make one observation.

This is based upon my experience and opinion and I mean you no disrespect or judgement.

Generally speaking individuals who are characterized as complainers and seem to enjoy complaining are very rarely viewed as happy people.

I know you probably don't care but chronic complainers will not be remembered as happy people no matter how much they try to convice or tell others how happy they are.

Sincerely,
I

What I said about complaining was suppose to be taken with a grain of salt- you know - tonge in cheek. Actually what I would say is one of my few complaints is when someone pretends to be "all knowing-all seeing- everything to everybody". Those types tend to come off as trying to suggest that they are "better" than everyone else. I'm about as far from being a "chronic complainer" as you can get --------------but I do have my moments.

What I said about complaining was suppose to be taken with a grain of salt- you know - tonge in cheek. Actually what I would say is one of my few complaints is when someone pretends to be "all knowing-all seeing- everything to everybody". Those types tend to come off as trying to suggest that they are "better" than everyone else. I'm about as far from being a "chronic complainer" as you can get --------------but I do have my moments.
You just described nancy

OptimusPrime

Strangely very thankful. No need for the full back story, but college didn't fit me. But yet here I am, with just a HS diploma in a job that can net 100K. And my sister and her husband barely scrape 60k as teachers. While she wont admit it, I think it actually bothers my sister that I was the lazy one at school, yet have a sizable disposable income.

Indecisi0n

Strangely very thankful. No need for the full back story, but college didn't fit me. But yet here I am, with just a HS diploma in a job that can net 100K. And my sister and her husband barely scrape 60k as teachers. While she wont admit it, I think it actually bothers my sister that I was the lazy one at school, yet have a sizable disposable income.

Can you blame her?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Trust me, it ticks them off royally !!!!!

S

serenity now

Well thanks, thats very nice. Wouldnt it be a hoot if everyone from here was in one building. All the regulars, kinda like a Cheer's in a ups Barn.

not sure management could ride herd on this rowdy band all in one location

Catatonic

Nine Lives

If it's any consolation, I never thought of you as a complainer ... more like an ungrateful smartadz. :wink2:

code5

I quit UPS 3 months ago after 18 years as a full time driver. Internally I have no legacy within UPS, I was easily replaced and life moves on with the company. Nothing wrong with that, that's how it works.

My legacy is that I met so many great people that appreciated the service I gave for them. I live in a very small city in Canada and everywhere I go people stop me to ask why I left UPS and miss talking to me everyday and to say thank you. I left UPS on good terms and I'm proud of that.