Your Want Sales Leads From Me?

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Really?

When a salesperson starts driving/unloading this truck, I'll provide your with a lead.

Seems to me if they aren't getting the leads, they aren't doing "THEIR" job, right?

I have enough on my plate. Something has to "give", to help you guys out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Really?

When a salesperson starts driving/unloading this truck, I'll provide your with a lead.

Seems to me if they aren't getting the leads, they aren't doing "THEIR" job, right?

The only Sales "leads" I provide are bogus...small non-shippers who would never use FedEx. Bowling alleys and bars are my favorite "leads".

DRAisawesome

For sure or the biggest accts we have lost. Then you get the lead back as unproductive. We have someone working with them. Love it. They want a circus I'll give them a circus.

FedExRookie

Really?

Our sales people have been helping scan and load for about 4 months. I was surprised to say the least, especially when they didn't stop after a couple days

DRAisawesome

I'm surprised your salesman know where the sort facility is. Also don't you feel that is taking hours away from someone when they help. They are just masking handlers hours by doing this to hit hours budgets.

dezguy

Our old sales guy used to attend every weekly meeting we had and would stroke our egos, tell us how great we are and how he'd love us for getting him sales leads. Of course some people bought in. One guy was getting him 40 leads a week. Of coarse, after a couple of months of this and us seeing no new business someone asked him what was going on with all the sales leads. He told us it's tough out there right now but he managed to get some new accounts for Ground.

Myself and a couple of others didn't even waste our time with it to begin with. One day he came up to me and another guy in my work group and asked why we weren't getting him sales leads. I asked him how much he made off the sales he got. He stammered for an answer when I told him "I don't get anything if one of my leads turns into a sale for you. Besides, all you're doing is getting business for Ground." Then he went into well it's part of your review you know. Yeah, it is but I'd rather take the .1% hit on my review than do your job for you.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Another sales lead trick is the sales staff will reject a lead for whatever reason (not the right time, their business is slow right now etc.) then they'll sit on these leads for a few months and then miraculously they get the account and your lead is ancient history.

Doc Sorting Dude

I always give them a lead on this account who's traffic manager is always in a bad mood. I can just hear him when they call for an appointment..."What the $%#@*& are you calling me for!"...ha ha

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Doesn't matter. This lady who's a real bitch on my route is a traffic manager for a pretty big warehousing unit. She hates us. Sounds like sales lead time for me. Ha!

Perfect sales lead...someone who hates us. If they want to play this game, let them. A long as you send them on a useless chase, it's "mission accomplished" for us.

whenIgetthere

Our station lost a big shipper to UPS last week. During 4B4 Friday, a salesman who I've never seen before approached the delivery driver on that route to ask him how that happened! If he had visited the customer more often (or visited them at all), he would have seen this coming.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our station lost a big shipper to UPS last week. During 4B4 Friday, a salesman who I've never seen before approached the delivery driver on that route to ask him how that happened! If he had visited the customer more often (or visited them at all), he would have seen this coming.

The driver could have also given him a heads-up if there were issues with the account.

We have "retention sales leads" which, unlike regular sales leads, are for those accounts who have expressed interest in diverting their volume. These leads are given the highest priority by BD.

It is impossible for your sales folks to be everywhere all of the time---this is where you guys come in. Yes, I do understand the frustration of going through all of the hassle of submitting a valid Express sales lead only to see the volume diverted to Ground, but it is FedEx volume nonetheless and I would think that if you want to delay or even prevent the conversion of Express to a part-time opco you would all be working hard to bring in new business.