You're going to get a "letter"

LongIslandNewbie

Been in the union since Jan of this year. On Tuesday morning I got called into the supervisors office and questioned what happened to a high value that I delivered. I advised it didn't have a signature required on the Diad and I left it. They said that I needed to get a signed paper from the customer or I would be responsible to pay the value. I questioned why did the customer say they didn't receive it? And why did the Diad allow me to leave it? I didn't receive answers to either. The "acting" shop steward was in there with me. I said ok i will get the paper signed, I know the customer I deliver to her all the time. She signed it that day and I returned it to the center. This morning I got called in again about the same scenario and i was told I will be "getting a letter". I asked a letter for what, and was told about the high value not being signed for. I am very confused by all of this. I asked the ASS of an acting steward what does this mean and he pushed me out saying don't be late on your next days. Is this something I can contest? Should I call the union? I would have NEVER left if the Diad required me to get it signed.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
HV's are not signature required by default, which is retarded i have no idea why we allow this

if a sup handed it off to you in the morning and you signed for it, you're SOL
if nobody handed it off to you or told you ahead of time, the center is dumb

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Never mind I see HV is High Value. Yes I signed for it, but I thought since the Diad didn't require a signature that it was a special scenario.
BIG MISTAKE !!!
You knew it was a high value when you signed it ,, you shouldn't have relied on the DIAD to remind you !!
Just be happy the customer signed that they got it and take as a learning experience,, letter will go away in time , good luck !

rod

Retired 22 years
Now you know. A lesson learned. Don't do it again. Now you can move on to the next thing UPS will surprise you with. Waning letters are pretty much worthless as long as you don't repeat the same mistake.

LongIslandNewbie

Now you know. A lesson learned. Don't do it again. Now you can move on to the next thing UPS will surprise you with. Waning letters are pretty much worthless as long as you don't repeat the same mistake.
Is there a certain amount of them that I can get that will result in termination? I worked too hard to get in to loose this opportunity.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
So the letter goes on my record? I have to say the training here sucks. You learn by friend*&%ing something up once and knowing not to do it again!
What training did you not receive ?
Common sense ??'
You knew the pkg was very expensive , wouldn't common sense kick in and tell you to get a signature for it ?

rod

Retired 22 years
What training did you not receive ?
Common sense ??'
You knew the pkg was very expensive , wouldn't common sense kick in and tell you to get a signature for it ?

Sometimes common sense goes out the door with a newbie after the hundredth time being told to speed it up. We've all been there and sometimes it takes a slap in the face by the company to wake a person up.

Johney

Never mind I see HV is High Value. Yes I signed for it, but I thought since the Diad didn't require a signature that it was a special scenario.

BIG MISTAKE !!!
You knew it was a high value when you signed it ,, you shouldn't have relied on the DIAD to remind you !!
Just be happy the customer signed that they got it and take as a learning experience,, letter will go away in time , good luck !

Did you know it was a high value?
TTKU.