You're It! FedEx and UPS Drivers Engage in Pandemic-Era Game of Tag

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
You're It! FedEx and UPS Drivers Engage in Pandemic-Era Game of Tag - Morningstar

Donnie Ledrick heard a peculiar "flap flap flap" after leaving the loading dock at Mercer University in Macon, Ga., and pulled over his United Parcel Service Inc. truck to inspect.

Peering out the driver's side, he immediately saw the carnage. Five FedEx door tags ringed the UPS logo. Another five were stuck to the front hood, while three more dangled on the fender.

"Wow!" Mr. Ledrick recalled thinking. "They got me." And good too. Normally, it's one or two tags, not a baker's dozen.

While FedEx Corp. and UPS fight for customers and global supremacy in the delivery sector, a friendlier battle is being waged on streets across the U.S. FedEx and UPS drivers have taken to using sticky door labels, typically for notifying homeowners and businesses of a delivery attempt, in a quest to tag their rivals with their colors.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
tenor.gif

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
You're It! FedEx and UPS Drivers Engage in Pandemic-Era Game of Tag - Morningstar

Donnie Ledrick heard a peculiar "flap flap flap" after leaving the loading dock at Mercer University in Macon, Ga., and pulled over his United Parcel Service Inc. truck to inspect.

Peering out the driver's side, he immediately saw the carnage. Five FedEx door tags ringed the UPS logo. Another five were stuck to the front hood, while three more dangled on the fender.

"Wow!" Mr. Ledrick recalled thinking. "They got me." And good too. Normally, it's one or two tags, not a baker's dozen.

While FedEx Corp. and UPS fight for customers and global supremacy in the delivery sector, a friendlier battle is being waged on streets across the U.S. FedEx and UPS drivers have taken to using sticky door labels, typically for notifying homeowners and businesses of a delivery attempt, in a quest to tag their rivals with their colors.
How long was the UPS driver at the last stop? Must have not checked in front of the truck before the he pulled away..

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Who gets out and clears the front of their truck when they do a dock stop and go through the back?
Didn't you get the memo? That's the method upon returning to the truck, every stop, every time. It's been demanded of our drivers on every safety ride..

If you think I'm joking ask your on car supe Monday. If he fesses up then use it every time you get a production ride.

Last edited:

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Once we've been out of the cab, whether in the rear of the truck at a dock stop or out of the vehicle delivering elsewhere, we are mandated to check in front of the truck before we start up the vehicle.

It's a method they hold you to on annual safety rides and then hate when you do it verbatim on a production ride.

Now you know.

DriverNerd

Didn't you get the memo? That's the method upon returning to the truck, every stop, every time. It's been demanded of our drivers on every safety ride..

If you think I'm joking ask your on car supe Monday. If he fesses up then use it every time you get a production ride.
I know you're supposed to check all sides of the vehicle before leaving any stop, I'm just curious who actually does that...especially in a through the truck dock situation.