" Your're heavy because it's Light"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why wouldn't they want their packages left at the location they were addressed to be sent to? I don't understand.????:confused2:

Suppose you have a stop that is at the furthest point on your delivery route but you know that the person works at the farm supply store in town. Would you run off the chaser or would you leave it at the farm supply store? Of course you would indirect it (with permission) in town.

Rural remote was designed for stops such as these.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Why wouldn't they want their packages left at the location they were addressed to be sent to? I don't understand.????:confused2:

Suppose you have a stop that is at the furthest point on your delivery route but you know that the person works at the farm supply store in town. Would you run off the chaser or would you leave it at the farm supply store? Of course you would indirect it (with permission) in town.

Rural remote was designed for stops such as these.

I have one of these types of stops. It's a UofA Agricultural Ranch. This delivery is major windshield time. One of the people that lives of the ranch works at the local high school that I also deliver. Most of the time I deliver the ranch to the HS. There are a few exceptions. I won't leave anything heavy or large pkgs so she doesn't have to struggle getting them out to her car. This does two things, 1 it saves me driving out there and 2 the customers get their pkgs earlier than if I delivered them.