YouTube TV

542thruNthru

Bought the Nvidia Shield, it's badass for everything else, probably just not a good Kodi add on, not sure which it was.

Most newer movies just out on DVD movies wouldn't work very often.
I have the shield also. I'm guessing you are using an outdated add-on. I use The Crew a lot. Just watched the new Venom Friday with no issues.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I went from a cable box to FireTV to just using the streaming apps on our smart TVs. I looked at the Nvidia Shield but it just seemed like overkill for what we watch.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I went from a cable box to FireTV to just using the streaming apps on our smart TVs. I looked at the Nvidia Shield but it just seemed like overkill for what we watch.
I’m going to ask a stupid question because I’m technology challenged, but do you do all that with just internet?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I’m going to ask a stupid question because I’m technology challenged, but do you do all that with just internet?
Yes, pretty much all smart TV's can connect directly to the internet.

And do you get any channels like CNN and Fox News with that?
You can although you might have to pay for them. Someone else will have to give you more details on streaming network TV, all we watch are movies and shows on Netflix, Prime Video, HBOMax and Disney which is why I ended up dropping cable in the first place.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yes, pretty much all smart TV's can connect directly to the internet.

You can although you might have to pay for them. Someone else will have to give you more details on streaming network TV, all we watch are movies and shows on Netflix, Prime Video, HBOMax and Disney which is why I ended up dropping cable in the first place.
That’s pretty much all I watch too but my dad likes to go back and forth between CNN and Fox News.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Don’t be talking about me like that!
6C564812-1BFA-42CC-8570-E78FC72275E0.jpeg

Are you saying you need the remote on the right? Lol.

quad decade guy

We have a ROKU receiver on every TV...5 total.

3 in the house and 1 in my workshop and 1 in the Bar(yep).

We bought a WiFI receiver(whatever) for the shop/bar building.....so it has hi speed internet. House has it's own.

To the point.....Roku's are a one time buy and pretty cheap..$20 or were. They are loaded with a lot of stuff...Netflix, youtube all sorts of stuff. I watch mechanical how to's in my workshop for example.

We sat down last night to finish Christmas night.....and it is still mind blowing of anything to WATCH! Just scroll through endless liberal pap....strong woman....strong trans woman/man.....strong black/gay civil rights blah blah. Reruns of the View....

Same movies you've seen...countless times. Good ones always cost....

I watch about 30 minutes a day of TV...maybe...usually before bed.

I spend most of my time watching how to videos....cell battery replacement...dryer belt replacement.....Harley wiring diagnostics...welding. Motorcycle stuff, airplane stuff....the things the Wife could care less about.

Youtube is the greatest gift to mankind. Just skip the liberal pap.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Finally had fiberoptic installed and get 50mb up and down, dedicated, which is plenty for streaming. Xfinity was charging me $228 (I included Amazon Prime cost) for cable which included Netflix and Showtime.
Because I want NESN for Bruins and Sox games my only choice for live TV was FUBO. YouTube TV has no NESN. Only thing missing from FUBO in CNN.
But now I get Showtime and Paramount+ w/includes live ABC( as a package) for $12.50 a month paid yearly. HBO Max $10.41 paid yearly ($25 cash back from American Express), STARZ $5 a month, AMC+ $2, a month, PBS $5 a month, Apple TV $5 a month, Curiosity TV $1 a month (better than History Channel), Amazon Prime $10 a month, Netflix $15 a month, and FUBO for live TV (w/NESN) $65 a month.
65+15+10+1+5+5+2+10.41+12.5+5= $131.91
Add $35 for fiberoptic $166.91
Some of the stuff was bought at a holiday sales rate and I'll probably won't renew STARZ Apple TV and maybe not AMC+ but I am saving hundreds and have way way way more content and better internet han X-FU-finty. Lots of free stuff off of Roku like CW channel, NHL, and I'm thinking of adding ESPN+ at $6.99 to watch NHL teams live from around the league. My wife and I are big hockey fans.
Cut the cable and will never go back.

quad decade guy

Finally had fiberoptic installed and get 50mb up and down, dedicated, which is plenty for streaming. Xfinity was charging me $228 (I included Amazon Prime cost) for cable which included Netflix and Showtime.
Because I want NESN for Bruins and Sox games my only choice for live TV was FUBO. YouTube TV has no NESN. Only thing missing from FUBO in CNN.
But now I get Showtime and Paramount+ w/includes live ABC( as a package) for $12.50 a month paid yearly. HBO Max $10.41 paid yearly ($25 cash back from American Express), STARZ $5 a month, AMC+ $2, a month, PBS $5 a month, Apple TV $5 a month, Curiosity TV $1 a month (better than History Channel), Amazon Prime $10 a month, Netflix $15 a month, and FUBO for live TV (w/NESN) $65 a month.
Some of the stuff was bought at a holiday sales rate and I'll probably won't renew STARZ Apple TV and maybe not AMC+ but I am saving hundreds and have way way way more content and better internet han X-FU-finty. Lots of free stuff off of Roku like CW channel, NHL, and I'm thinking of adding ESPN+ at $6.99 to watch NHL teams live from around the league. My wife and I are big hockey fans.
Cut one cable and put another one in?

Some us live in the sticks and cannot get fiber optic.

My Verizon is cable less and has a simple router/WIFI box(very small). Between the two boxes....I get hispeed internet all over my property. Effective and all I'll ever need.

We have Verizon cell service and pay one bill....although far from $10 landline phone bills and "free" TV.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Please pardon the typos. My script gets that way whenever I'm typing on my 8" tablet or iPhone. Now that I'm up and either behind my iMac or my laptop it's easier for me to catch these errors. One correction though; I get CBS live with Paramount+ not ABC.

BTW, I don't get to edit my post because they must be approved before posted. It's really a bummer and I think unfair given what other are allowed to say and do here unimpeded.

Congrats on getting Disney and its content back on YouTube.

I'm actually debating chucking NESN's (New England Sports Network) chokehold for Hulu+Disney+ESPN+ for $69.99. It's a better value than FUBO. They blackout Bruins games but I can watch a lot more live hockey with ESPN+. I can watch Bruins highlights on the NHL app the next morning.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Cut one cable and put another one in?

Some us live in the sticks and cannot get fiber optic.

My Verizon is cable less and has a simple router/WIFI box(very small). Between the two boxes....I get hispeed internet all over my property. Effective and all I'll ever need.

We have Verizon cell service and pay one bill....although far from $10 landline phone bills and "free" TV.
Fiber Optic, in my experience, is way better and at a much lower price. X-FU-finty wants $92 and change just for internet and its a shared pipe. Fiber Optic is dedicated and I only have 1 box for internet and WiFi and they charge me nothing for it.

quad decade guy

Fiber Optic, in my experience, is way better and at a much lower price. X-FU-finty wants $92 and change just for internet and its a shared pipe. Fiber Optic is dedicated and I only have 1 box for internet and WiFi and they charge me nothing for it.
Yep...if you can get fiber optic....It's not within 30 miles of my home...