Not open for further replies.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just started a new thread to keep this case separate from all 'gun' posts

Bail has been set at $150,000.00.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Bail was reasonable along with the severe restrictions placed on zimmerman. The state must now prepare to prove their case.

I can wait for trial.

peace

TOS

$15K, not too bad considering. I think if he was a flight risk he would already be gone. But who knows for certain?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The best solution in the case so far was the taking of his GUN RIGHTS immediately. The prevention of Zimmerman ever possessing a gun in the future was the best thing that could have happened in todays hearing.

The problem for zimmerman today was his own testimony. He spoke on the stand to Trayvons parents saying, he was sorry but he didnt know if Trayvon was armed.

WTF????

Reading between the lines, it goes to show that zimmermans thought process is still in the "profiling" mode, of course we all know black males are armed, why should zimmerman have thought otherwise?

This statement is troublesome for him in many ways. If on one hand zimmerman was worried that Trayvon was armed, why would he then chase him to an eventual confrontation if not to have the ultimate shoot out?

On the other hand, if zimmerman felt Trayvon was armed, why not just stay in his car and follow the directions given to him for his protection? He was in NO position to apprehend, confront, interrogate or solve any potential crimes.

A lot can be said for this statement.

It can be used against him at his trial. I hope it is. I would use it.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Zimmerman does look like a creep, actually. Esspecially his eyes.

You don't judge guilt by how they look or Ted Bundy would've gotten off scott free !! You have to hear all the facts first....that's how we roll!!

The best solution in the case so far was the taking of his GUN RIGHTS immediately. The prevention of Zimmerman ever possessing a gun in the future was the best thing that could have happened in todays hearing.

The problem for zimmerman today was his own testimony. He spoke on the stand to Trayvons parents saying, he was sorry but he didnt know if Trayvon was armed.

WTF????

Reading between the lines, it goes to show that zimmermans thought process is still in the "profiling" mode, of course we all know black males are armed, why should zimmerman have thought otherwise?

This statement is troublesome for him in many ways. If on one hand zimmerman was worried that Trayvon was armed, why would he then chase him to an eventual confrontation if not to have the ultimate shoot out?

On the other hand, if zimmerman felt Trayvon was armed, why not just stay in his car and follow the directions given to him for his protection? He was in NO position to apprehend, confront, interrogate or solve any potential crimes.

A lot can be said for this statement.

It can be used against him at his trial. I hope it is. I would use it.

Peace

TOS
Can't we keep the vitriol and speculation out of this and stick to the presented evidence as it come along?

moreluck

golden ticket member
You know, if he hadn't apologized to the parents, they'd be saying that to this day he's never apologized. It's like you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think some are just looking for any excuse to have another Watts or Rodney King type of riot to burn down their own neighborhoods. Too bad but that is what I see this whole mess coming to. If he is found innocent there will definitely be riots and if he is found guilty and isn't sentenced to death or at the very least life in prision they will still riot because they will say he got off too easy. Its pretty much a no win situation-- especially after some of the rabble rousers like Jessie Jackson and his cronnies get the masses riled up. I hope it don't end this way but I wouldn't bet the farm on it ending peacefully.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Can't we keep the vitriol and speculation out of this and stick to the presented evidence as it come along?

I did. I stated his STATED TESTIMONY, this isnt speculation. There has to be a reason for the spoken word, the trick TRP is to figure out what he meant. Words speak volumes. The sub conscious mind sometimes speaks without the person even knowing it.

In zimmermans case, its all about intent and motivation.

I can wait for the trial and the facts to be presented.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think some are just looking for any excuse to have another Watts or Rodney King type of riot to burn down their own neighborhoods. Too bad but that is what I see this whole mess coming to. If he is found innocent there will definitely be riots and if he is found guilty and isn't sentenced to death or at the very least life in prision they will still riot because they will say he got off too easy. Its pretty much a no win situation-- especially after some of the rabble rousers like Jessie Jackson and his cronnies get the masses riled up. I hope it don't end this way but I wouldn't bet the farm on it ending peacefully.

Thats a big stretch and quite a fantasy. There is a big difference between Rodney King and Zimmerman. The LAPD violated Rodneys civil rights with a beating on video, Zimmerman shot and killed an unarmed kid, was taken into custody and a HALF ASH investigation was conducted and no charges filed.

The LAPD case was investigated by the goverment and civil rights charges filed and convictions followed. The rioting was a result of the first case where the officers were found not guilty when CLEARLY they were guilty.

WIth Zimmerman, nobody wants a riot, whats desired is a legitimate investigation, full disclosure of the facts, a trial and a conviction. If he is found NOT guilty, people like myself can accept that and move on. While we may not agree, its the best result our system can provide.

As to the rackous caused by Black leaders, on one hand its good to spawn public pressure, and its that pressure that forced this case forward instead of ending up in the round file. On the other, some are making a mockery out of public outrage.

At the end of the day, none of us would be talking about this case if it hadnt been for the public outrage started by black american leaders.

peace

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
After the release of the photo, however, Dershowitz went much further, telling Breitbart News that if the prosecutors did have the photo and didn’t mention it in the affidavit, that would constitute a “grave ethical violation,” since affidavits are supposed to contain “all relevant information.”

Dershowitz continued, “An affidavit that willfully misstates undisputed evidence known to the prosecution is not only unethical but borders on perjury because an affiant swears to tell not only the truth, but the whole truth, and suppressing an important part of the whole truth is a lie."

When asked if it made a difference whether the prosecution had the bloody photograph at the time they charged Zimmerman, Dershowitz responded, “We do know that there were earlier photographs before the affidavit was done that strongly suggested blood on the back of the head, and we know the police had first access to him, so if there was blood they [the prosecution] would know about it …

WOW, so much for seasoned cops and the state's handed picked prosecutor making rookie mistakes. This farce will never make it to trial.

moreluck

golden ticket member
".........There is a big difference between Rodney King and Zimmerman......."(TOS)

Huge difference !!! Rodney was a driver eluding police going 90-100 MPH and was under the influence. Then driving 55-80 through residential areas endangering anyone out there.

King would never have been touched by the police if he hadn't broke the law. He just happened to get some adreniline pumping cops.....too bad for him, but had he just drove home.....bad choices!!

In that whole story, Reginald Denny gets my sympathy.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"..........WIth Zimmerman, nobody wants a riot, ........" (TOS)

I'd sure like to ask Uncle Al about that or maybe that Shabazz guy.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
don't ask rev. al for financial help.
seems he and w.buffet have the same tax problems, they both refuse to pay their fair shares.
typical dem tax cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.