12th Edition UPS Policy Book is finally out . Credit where credit is due!

texan

Integrity is correct, on this issue, Hoke.
From the home page of UPSers.com, click Our Company.
Scroll to the bottom of the page.
Under the header of UPSers Sites is a link titled "Policies and Procedures", click it.
From that page one can navigate through the stated policies.
I am far from being a management person, yet I can access the companies "stated" policies.
This is were I am going to pss some people off.
I have witnessed some very fine management personnel discharged trying to meet unrealistic numbers, and at the same time , trying to meet company policy.
I have seen members of the union, who were not worthy of shining a UPS drivers boot, keep their job after totally violating the "contract" with the company.
The attrition rate, in my 25yr experience, is about 50 management to 1 full time driver.
Maybe my center is a fluke, in the totality of UPS, but I doubt that.
Hell, I think UPS is a microcosm of the problems we are facing in the USA.
Hard stance division between two competing groups seeking a c
ommon goal.:soapbox:

OK, I a
m off my soap box.

Excellent post.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
To All,

The UPS Policy Book has finally been revised.

This undertaking has been several years in the making.

One of the questions during the revision process was the width of distribution.

Well credit is due to the decision makers. Apparently a wide distribution was decided.

It appears to me that it is now available to all UPSers on upsers.com.

It makes sense that all employees should have access to the policies of the company they work for.

Caution

It may be a disturbing read when you compare the current outlook and culture in your facility and work group with the ideals in the Policy Book.

Sincerely,
I
I knew this a long time ago.........................:taz:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
upsguy72,

The contract explains your collectively bargained rights.

The policy book explains the policies of the company.

The are not mutually exclusive documents.

They both must be adhered to by all employees.

Sincerely,
I
That's laughable....................... they are not mutually inclusive either.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Integrity is correct, on this issue, Hoke.
From the home page of UPSers.com, click Our Company.
Scroll to the bottom of the page.
Under the header of UPSers Sites is a link titled "Policies and Procedures", click it.
From that page one can navigate through the stated policies.
I am far from being a management person, yet I can access the companies "stated" policies.
This is were I am going to pss some people off.
I have witnessed some very fine management personnel discharged trying to meet unrealistic numbers, and at the same time , trying to meet company policy.
I have seen members of the union, who were not worthy of shining a UPS drivers boot, keep their job after totally violating the "contract" with the company.
The attrition rate, in my 25yr experience, is about 50 management to 1 full time driver.
Maybe my center is a fluke, in the totality of UPS, but I doubt that.
Hell, I think UPS is a microcosm of the problems we are facing in the USA.
Hard stance division between two competing groups seeking a c
ommon goal.:soapbox:

OK, I a
m off my soap box.
​You are not alone....................

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The new Policy Books were handed out with a little holder for it and other UPS Books maybe 2 months or so ago. They got put in the overhead not to be seen since. I don't know what changed in the PB and I don't have the time or interest to understand what changed. I'm not sure if it is relevant anymore since the old UPS culture has faded away.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The new Policy Books were handed out with a little holder for it and other UPS Books maybe 2 months or so ago. They got put in the overhead not to be seen since. I don't know what changed in the PB and I don't have the time or interest to understand what changed. I'm not sure if it is relevant anymore since the old UPS culture has faded away.

Laws control the lesser man. Right conduct controls the greater one. ~Chinese Proverb

You do not wake up one morning a bad person. It happens by a thousand tiny surrenders of self-respect to self-interest. ~Robert Brault,

To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice. ~Confucius

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless. ~Chester W. Nimitz

If moral behavior were simply following rules, we could program a computer to be moral. ~Samuel P. Ginder

I have found some of the best reasons I ever had for remaining at the bottom simply by looking at the men at the top. ~Frank Moore Colby

What is right is often forgotten by what is convenient. ~Bodie Thoene,

When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil. ~Max Lerner,

It is easier to find a score of men wise enough to discover the truth than to find one intrepid enough, in the face of opposition, to stand up for it. ~A.A. Hodge

It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain

​How many more do you need?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I can see it. Hmmm, I'll have to go back and see if I can download it. I need a new copy.
dilligaf,

It doesn't appear to be in a downloadable file.

I kow the previous version was in a PDF file.

If you want to file one you will probably have to print one and then scan it.

Sincerely,
I

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Laws control the lesser man. Right conduct controls the greater one. ~Chinese Proverb

You do not wake up one morning a bad person. It happens by a thousand tiny surrenders of self-respect to self-interest. ~Robert Brault,

To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice. ~Confucius

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless. ~Chester W. Nimitz

If moral behavior were simply following rules, we could program a computer to be moral. ~Samuel P. Ginder

I have found some of the best reasons I ever had for remaining at the bottom simply by looking at the men at the top. ~Frank Moore Colby

What is right is often forgotten by what is convenient. ~Bodie Thoene,

When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil. ~Max Lerner,

It is easier to find a score of men wise enough to discover the truth than to find one intrepid enough, in the face of opposition, to stand up for it. ~A.A. Hodge

It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain

​How many more do you need?

Nice collection of quotes.
I added them to my list.

I may use one of these to replace my current e-mail signature at UPS:
Judging a person does not define who they are ... it defines who you are.

guinness413

30906_127924890556621_118330578182719_359613_4897588_n.jpg
30906_127924890556621_118330578182719_359613_4897588_n.jpg