19 year ups driver fired for flat tire in melville ny building

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
After completing delivery I reminded myself that things could be worse, I could have been walking back to a truck with a 100lb. pail full of roofing debris digging into my shoulder while nursing a 10 penny nail through my foot injury, all the while 2 pallets of shingles awaited their rooftop destination via my shoulder and a ladder I swore was gonna slide off the gutter.............

well with that job, you wouldn't be worried about rising co pays for your medical cause you WOULD HAVE NONE. you also wouldn't be worried about your pension not increasing cause you WOULDN'T HAVE ONE. yet we all know there are thousands of guys in the US that would kill for that job. sometimes when :censored2: is bad, you gotta look at things a different way. just sayin......

stewardtwoniner

JUST WANT TO THANK ALL WHO SHARED POSITIVE FEEDBACK AND SUPPORT. I'LL BE BACK TO WORK MONDAY WITH NEW C/M AND NEW ATTITUDE. HOPEFULLY I CAN MOVE FORWARD AND PUT THE PAST BEHIND ME IN THIS NEW POSITIVE WORK ENVIORNMENT. JUST SHAVED OFF MY BEARD, MADE THE OL' LADY HAPPY, SHE HATED IT. I'LL LEAVE OFF WITH SOME GOOD ADVICE, THIS JOB MIGHT BE INTOLERABLE AT TIMES AND LEAVES YOU DREAMING OF POSSIBLE CAREER CHANGES OFTEN, BUT WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE TO SEE WHAT ELSE THE JOB MARKET HAS TO OFFER, YOU WILL FIND THAT THE DEDICATION AND HARD WORK YOU PUT FORTH AT UPS IS WORTH IT, MANY PEOPLE ENVY US. :happy2:

congrats and welcome back.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
JUST WANT TO THANK ALL WHO SHARED POSITIVE FEEDBACK AND SUPPORT. I'LL BE BACK TO WORK MONDAY WITH NEW C/M AND NEW ATTITUDE. HOPEFULLY I CAN MOVE FORWARD AND PUT THE PAST BEHIND ME IN THIS NEW POSITIVE WORK ENVIORNMENT. JUST SHAVED OFF MY BEARD, MADE THE OL' LADY HAPPY, SHE HATED IT. I'LL LEAVE OFF WITH SOME GOOD ADVICE, THIS JOB MIGHT BE INTOLERABLE AT TIMES AND LEAVES YOU DREAMING OF POSSIBLE CAREER CHANGES OFTEN, BUT WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE TO SEE WHAT ELSE THE JOB MARKET HAS TO OFFER, YOU WILL FIND THAT THE DEDICATION AND HARD WORK YOU PUT FORTH AT UPS IS WORTH IT, MANY PEOPLE ENVY US. :happy2:

With your attitude, things should work out for you.
Best of luck!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Hammer

I understand your point of view.

But I have seen drivers turn their lives around after a wakeup call like this.

Unfortunately, I have also seen those that appear to have, only to return to the vices that got them fired in the first place.

Either way, UPS will take care of the driver.

d