200 more Millionaires step up to the Plate !

Should the US raise taxes on millionaires ?

• Don't care / undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

island1fox

Its amazing how many people want to sign up to raise tax on anyone but themselves.
Never do we speak of the lazy, the undisciplined, the takers or the cheators.

Ows give me everything as long as someone else pays.

klein

Für Meno :)
If you watched the video and the billionaire speaking, he did mention the last time the rich has paid so little in taxes was in 1929, and we all know what happened then - the GREAT DEPRESSION !

Since 2007 they are getting the same low taxes and we know what happened again !

Besides, Island, I think you missed the point, these millionaires and billionaires formed together to get their own taxes raised along (hopefully), with a mandate getting all rich millionaires people to pay more.

He also mentions , yes, they do pay more taxes because they earn more. They actually earn almost 25% of all earnings in the country !

rod

Retired 22 years
I personally know 3 "millionaires" and 2 of the 3 constantly brag about all the tax loop holes and everything they can write off (legally from what I gather). Everything from personal luxury vehicals that are supposedly "business vehicals" to fishing trips that are supposedly business trips. It really don't matter how much of a tax burden is placed on "millionaires"--- they have the resources to find ways to dodge it. P. S. The 3rd millionaire I know just sits back and chuckles when the other 2 are talking so you know hes up to the same tricks. Raising their taxes isn't solution--the solution is to close the loopholes and hold them accountable.

island1fox

If you watched the video and the billionaire speaking, he did mention the last time the rich has paid so little in taxes was in 1929, and we all know what happened then - the GREAT DEPRESSION !

Since 2007 they are getting the same low taxes and we know what happened again !

Besides, Island, I think you missed the point, these millionaires and billionaires formed together to get their own taxes raised along (hopefully), with a mandate getting all rich millionaires people to pay more.

He also mentions , yes, they do pay more taxes because they earn more. They actually earn almost 25% of all earnings in the country !

Klein,

Either you do not understand the word or you choose to ignore it. The key word in your post is EARN. Can be defined as more disciplined, more ambition, more education, more focused, more risk, more hours, more dedication , more talent etc,etc,

There are many ,many honest people who fit the above and pay a huge tax bill -federal,state and city. They pay more because they have worked HARDER. Of course in your world that is totally fair. The less you work or educate yourself the more you should get from other people . Sounds fair.:dissapointed:

klein

I always hear about closing the loopholes. What loopholes exactly though ?
That UPS can't write of vehicles or gasoline, maintanance costs ?
Or CEO's can't wright off private jets, or 1st class airline tickets ?

That a small buisiness owner can't write off their computer, vehicle, or part of office space ?

There are no details on this whatsover.
However, there are also other millionaires that have no businesses, such as lottery winners, thru inheritance, thru youtube, or a 1 hit wonder song.
So, these people should be paying less taxes then the other rich that have companies because they have no writeoffs ?
Or should the business owner pay more because he has writeoffs ?

Like I said. Nobody has any idea or details what those loopholes actually are !

klein

Klein,

Either you do not understand the word or you choose to ignore it. The key word in your post is EARN. Can be defined as more disciplined, more ambition, more education, more focused, more risk, more hours, more dedication , more talent etc,etc,

There are many ,many honest people who fit the above and pay a huge tax bill -federal,state and city. They pay more because they have worked HARDER. Of course in your world that is totally fair. The less you work or educate yourself the more you should get from other people . Sounds fair.:dissapointed:

Good one !
So, if someone deserves to earn 1000 times more than you, then he also deserves only to pay 100 times more taxes then you, right ?

moreluck

golden ticket member

No, you missed the point that Dave made earlier!!
These idiots didn't have to get together to form anything.
There's a box to check and an amount you can write in and mail your check when you file your taxes. They are all talk if they haven't done it. It's all a show, TV time, 15 mins. of fame.whatever you want to call it.

klein

No, you missed the point that Dave made earlier!!
These idiots didn't have to get together to form anything.
There's a box to check and an amount you can write in and mail your check when you file your taxes. They are all talk if they haven't done it. It's all a show, TV time, 15 mins. of fame.whatever you want to call it.

These idiots, just like Warren Buffet.. yup, just a bunch of idiots that made billions.

Maybe Cain should learn from it then with his 9-9-9, and say the 9% National Sales Tax will be voluntary ?
You, Moreluck, would you pay the 9% ?

It's takes more then 200 miilionaires/billionaires to pay more taxes to make a difference.
But, atleast it's a start.

Maybe they should occupy the next GOP debate together ?
I know they could do much more to get their point across !

I always hear about closing the loopholes. What loopholes exactly though ?
That UPS can't write of vehicles or gasoline, maintanance costs ?
Or CEO's can't wright off private jets, or 1st class airline tickets ?

That a small buisiness owner can't write off their computer, vehicle, or part of office space ?

There are no details on this whatsover.
However, there are also other millionaires that have no businesses, such as lottery winners, thru inheritance, thru youtube, or a 1 hit wonder song.
So, these people should be paying less taxes then the other rich that have companies because they have no writeoffs ?
Or should the business owner pay more because he has writeoffs ?

Like I said. Nobody has any idea or details what those loopholes actually are !

I think you may be shorting out your thought process. Slow down, take a deep breath..hold it...hold it...now gently exhale.

The "millionaires that have no businesses, such as lottery winners, thru inheritance, thru youtube, or a 1 hit wonder song." pay the basic tax based on what money they received the year they "made it big" few, if any, have tax write offs that a business has. A million dollar lottery winner here will give up nearly half of his winnings without being able to deduct one dime for all the loosing tickets he bought during the year. OK, that's not totally true, depending on how they file. So yeah one could say they even have access to a "LOOP HOLE".

What in your thinking says that a business owner with deductions should pay more than someone without deductions? without loop holes, write offs, deductions (whatever term you choose to use) everyone in the same tax bracket pays the same % on their earnings.

Trust me, there are lots and lots of people that know exactly what the details of the loop holes are and how to get them applied. Around here they call them CPAs or Tax consultants (btw, a % of what they charge is tax deductible).

moreluck

golden ticket member
These idiots, just like Warren Buffet.. yup, just a bunch of idiots that made billions.

Maybe Cain should learn from it then with his 9-9-9, and say the 9% National Sales Tax will be voluntary ?
You, Moreluck, would you pay the 9% ?

It's takes more then 200 miilionaires/billionaires to pay more taxes to make a difference.
But, atleast it's a start.

Maybe they should occupy the next GOP debate together ?
I know they could do much more to get their point across !
So, why don't they start? What's the hold up? They are just showboating....they can send in the bucks anytime they wish. They are no different than Obama talking about all the waste in government and then doing nothing about it.!! Just because you are rich doesn't mean you can't be an idiot. There are lots of rich idiots......have you looked at Hollywood lately?