2011 is the year to prove your worth !!

browncub

Hello my union brothers and sisters,this is my first post but when u are working for a company for 20yrs plus you get to make the right connections.I just got a phone call from higher ups that was in a big UPS meeting, mngt has been told to cut 162 full time drivers.(cut = fired)Dont know how but they were told to start asap.So to all union brothers and sisters its time to be a union and be strong and united not divided.

klein

Für Meno :)
Whatever happened to the 30.000 or 50.000 new drivers they were hiring within the next 5 years ?
Remember, the UPS report that was on the news and in the financial papers/websites ?

That's the way UPS is going, they will lay off those drivers, and simply replace those with p/t drivers in the future, to keep costs down.

Hello my union brothers and sisters,this is my first post but when u are working for a company for 20yrs plus you get to make the right connections.I just got a phone call from higher ups that was in a big UPS meeting, mngt has been told to cut 162 full time drivers.(cut = fired)Dont know how but they were told to start asap.So to all union brothers and sisters its time to be a union and be strong and united not divided.

Where? National,regional?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I wonder if mgmnt realizes that means about 30-35 will then be cut from their ranks?

Returntosender

Whats going in New York. This is the third job cut at a different location being mentioned on here. Manhattan, 43rd st, now metro. all within the past month. New jersey upsers you guys might be next once Atlanta is through with New York.

klein

And then they wonder why the UPS shares lag behind Fedex.

They come out with BS talk (growing and hiring 50.000 new drivers), then turn around and do the opposite.
Who can really trust that company ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
And then they wonder why the UPS shares lag behind Fedex.

They come out with BS talk (growing and hiring 50.000 new drivers), then turn around and do the opposite.
Who can really trust that company ?
You come on a site with tons of UPS employees and you bad mouth the company.....you come on a site of mostly Americans and you bad mouth America...what is your problem? You are the "pro" in inappropriate.

klein

You come on a site with tons of UPS employees and you bad mouth the company.....you come on a site of mostly Americans and you bad mouth America...what is your problem?

I'm here to wake you folks up, just like wkmac does, or like you do (bad mouthing Obama, Pelosi, Biden, and many more)
What's the crime in that ?

Everyone has a right to free speech. Why not listen from the "otherside" - man do I miss him - he was good, too !

klein

I live in America and I am an American......I have the right to criticize my own government.

Do you have the right to criticize the Taliban or the Pakistan goverment. Or back then Hitler, or Stalin, or todays Iran or Iraq ?

I see all your posts criticizing all those, and the biggest one Mexico ! Do you have a right to do that ?