2012 end of days?

unionman

An approximately 5000-year cycle defined by an ancient Mayan calendar will end in the year 2012. To some people, the end of this cycle translates to Doomsday or the end of the world and humanity. The History Channel has perpetuated this idea by airing various programs such as Decoding the Past: Mayan Doomsday Prophecy, 2012, End of Days, The Last Days on Earth, Seven Signs of the Apocalypse, and Nostradamus 2012.
And just last year, the Discovery Channel showed 2012 Apocalypse, which investigated several scientific bases for the possibility that super volcanoes, solar storms, earthquakes, or other cataclysmic natural events might occur in the year 2012.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't believe in 'the end of days'. I think it's just Al Gore sitting in a closet and poking pins in a globe.....voo-doo like. When he gets into a good "Al-Gore-Rythem", you'll see earthquakes happening in succession along a defined line.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I think you might be on to something here.
I think the world as we know it will end the moment bho releases his records.

unionman

I don't believe in 'the end of days'. I think it's just Al Gore sitting in a closet and poking pins in a globe.....voo-doo like. When he gets into a good "Al-Gore-Rythem", you'll see earthquakes happening in succession along a defined line.

That was funny. I don't like Al Gore either. To me, the fragile world that will live on is pretty interesting. For instance, did you know when the space shuttle takes off, the earth slows down?

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's the old "pushing off" theory.......same reason my dog's back nails stay short, but the front ones are always real long. ......where were we??

P

pickup

An approximately 5000-year cycle defined by an ancient Mayan calendar will end in the year 2012. To some people, the end of this cycle translates to Doomsday or the end of the world and humanity. The History Channel has perpetuated this idea by airing various programs such as Decoding the Past: Mayan Doomsday Prophecy, 2012, End of Days, The Last Days on Earth, Seven Signs of the Apocalypse, and Nostradamus 2012.
And just last year, the Discovery Channel showed 2012 Apocalypse, which investigated several scientific bases for the possibility that super volcanoes, solar storms, earthquakes, or other cataclysmic natural events might occur in the year 2012.

Two words: Terrence McKenna. Search out his videos on u-tube for an interesting interpretation concerning dec. 21, 2012 .

unionman

Two words: Terrence McKenna. Search out his videos on u-tube for an interesting interpretation concerning dec. 21, 2012 .

You just never know. I mean, he could be on to something..... I like the shows on string theory, some scientists believe that there are more dimensions than three, possibly ten.

unionman

String theory posits that the electrons and quarks within an atom are not 0-dimensional objects, but 1-dimensional strings. These strings can move and vibrate, giving the observed particles their flavor, charge, mass and spin. The strings make closed loops unless they encounter surfaces, called D-branes, where they can open up into 1-dimensional lines. The endpoints of the string cannot break off the D-brane, but they can slide around on it.

Levels of magnification:
1. Macroscopic level - Matter
2. Molecular level
3. Atomic level - Protons, neutrons, and electrons
4. Subatomic level - Electron
5. Subatomic level - Quarks
6. String level

Since the string theory is widely believed to be a consistent theory of quantum gravity, many hope that it correctly describes our universe, making it a theory of everything. There are known configurations which describe all the observed fundamental forces and matter but with a zero cosmological constant and some new fields.[14] There are other configurations with different values of the cosmological constant, which are metastable but long-lived. This leads many to believe that there is at least one metastable solution which is quantitatively identical with the standard model, with a small cosmological

tieguy

Banned

I don't know, Obamas pretty bad but I don't think we have to fear the end of the world. Then again the world may not be usable after he is done screwing it up.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

If this is when the world comes to an end, then it will be probably be on Peak Day. What a way to go..........:dissapointed: