2020 candidates

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Bernie Sanders says he will drop out if Joe Biden has more delegates by the convention — even if he doesn't have the majority

"I think it would be a real, real disaster for the Democratic Party," Sanders said of a contested convention. "People would say 'the person who won the most votes didn't get selected.' Not a good idea."

On one hand, you could view this as Sanders sticking to his dislike of superdelegates and his loyalty to the will of the people. More likely, however, Sanders is probably just trying to set a standard for the convention that he hopes Biden will follow if Sanders enters the convention with a plurality.

The truth is, if Biden enters the convention with a plurality and Sanders pushes it to the second ballot, Biden would likely win most of the superdelegates and get the nomination anyway because he's the establishment candidate.

oldngray

nowhere special
Bernie Sanders says he will drop out if Joe Biden has more delegates by the convention — even if he doesn't have the majority

"I think it would be a real, real disaster for the Democratic Party," Sanders said of a contested convention. "People would say 'the person who won the most votes didn't get selected.' Not a good idea."

On one hand, you could view this as Sanders sticking to his dislike of superdelegates and his loyalty to the will of the people. More likely, however, Sanders is probably just trying to set a standard for the convention that he hopes Biden will follow if Sanders enters the convention with a plurality.

The truth is, if Biden enters the convention with a plurality and Sanders pushes it to the second ballot, Biden would likely win most of the superdelegates and get the nomination anyway because he's the establishment candidate.

If Bernie doesn't have a big lead he knows its over. Biden will get most of the superdelegates.

Serf

IMO since Biden has said he will probably only serve 1 term, it makes his VP pick more important and strategic than usual.

vantexan

It's ironic that Democrats talk about racism all the time and yet are probably going to nominate a guy who once described Obama as "clean."

oldngray

nowhere special
Bloomberg to fund anti-Trump operation in 6 critical states

shocked.jpg

Box Ox

It's ironic that Democrats talk about racism all the time and yet are probably going to nominate a guy who once described Obama as "clean."

Today it’s all about sexism/voters hating women/the continued glass ceiling on MSNBC. THERE WERE MULTIPLE FEMALE DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES. NOW, NONE. WHY DO DEMOCRATIC VOTERS HATE WOMEN?

LOL

vantexan

Today it’s all about sexism/voters hating women/the continued glass ceiling on MSNBC. THERE WERE MULTIPLE FEMALE DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES. NOW, NONE. WHY DO DEMOCRATIC VOTERS HATE WOMEN?

LOL
I expect them to attack Republicans over this stuff but they really are eating their own.

Box Ox

Has Rep. Tulsi Gabbard dropped out ?

Hey, I’m with ya there. They forgot about her and forgot that Democratic voters nominated a female for President in 2016 who went on to win the popular vote.

It’s all really very tiresome. I think CNN must have the younger woke weekend crew running their website today because race and gender are injected into nearly every article, no matter how irrelevant.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Hey, I’m with ya there. They forgot about her and forgot that Democratic voters nominated a female for President in 2016 who went on to win the popular vote.

It’s all really very tiresome. I think CNN must have the younger woke weekend crew running their website today because race and gender are injected into nearly every article, no matter how irrelevant.
Well it could be that the DNC has changed the requirements for who can be on the next debate { it used to be one had to have at least one delegate }, so Tulsi has now been forced off. And CNN considers her not worthy as being a candidate.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Uncle Joe is putting the cart before the horse.

Axios reports Monday that former Vice President Joe Biden’s inner circle is already discussing a list of Cabinet picks. Many of the names would return from the Obama administration, constituting an effective “third term.”

Axios says that former Secretary of State John Kerry could return in that role, or be appointed to a new Cabinet-level climate change position.

Former National Security Advisor Susan Rice — who was never nominated for Secretary of State because of fears she would not survive confirmation after misleading the nation about the Benghazi attacks — could find her way to that position in a potential Biden administration, Axios claims.

There would also be room in the Biden Cabinet for some of his former 2020 rivals, including former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who could be UN ambassador, or U.S. trade representative.

Several are also currently under consideration, Axios reports, to be Biden’s running mate, including Sens. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Kamala Harris (D-CA). The final choice may be up to Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC), who delivered the key endorsement that helped Biden win South Carolina and change the direction of the entire Democratic primary.