2nd Day Air question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Jacob Schimmy, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Jacob Schimmy

Jacob Schimmy New Member

Alright, so I have purchased an item from Newegg and I used 2nd Day Air. I ordered it on Wednesday and it shipped Thursday at 12:01 A.M. so literally right the next day. It states that as of today (Friday) it says that I will get the item on Monday, but I recently read on the UPS website that they have Saturday Delivery. So am I going to possibly get the item sooner? Or will i need to wait until Monday?
  2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

2 days in transit on normal business workdays.
    The package was not "shipped' it processed and a label produced on Thursday at 12:01 a.m.
    The package must be shipped by 3:30 p.m. or so to actually get into the UPS system.
  3. spif91

spif91 Member

If you didn't pay the extra the 2nd day would be on Mon. Track it on ups.com and it should say a time for delivery depending on your location or it may say end of day on Monday which could be anytime between 9am and 9pm.
  4. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

I picked up a package from one of my customers, the service was labeled "2nd Day Air S"
    this was last week, new service??
  5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

2nd Day Air Saturday. I have seen them for maybe 10 years? Not very often. No time commit. I have no idea where this came from.
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

PT, where do you think it came from? Express has a similar product hence 2DA Saturday. From what I have seen it really has not caught on. These pkgs do not have a time commit and are primarily residential.
  7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I will look for one this morning and find out. Don't always have one every Sat. Maybe couple times a month.
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

I didn't mean a particular package----I am talking about the service itself. We started offering 2nd Day Air Saturday because Express offered a similar product.
  9. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

I had a customer ship one out one time to Atlanta, and didn't make it til Monday. When called to get a refund, they said that "we don't deliver 2DS to that zip code". It was medicine and UPS's software printed the label. I guess we don't deliver to all the zip codes we do for 1DS.
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

Any refund would have been only for the difference between 2DS and 2DA.
  11. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Got the whole thing. I don't know why customers would settle for anything less than the whole thing. Talk to Field Support, and they will refund the whole shipping charge.