$300 for Retiree Healthcare? This is Outrageous! This is Outrageous!

Evil

Hoffa Sr. and Ron Carey are turning over in their graves!

The Healthcare Insurance for retirees goes from $100/month to $300/month in three years, it triples! That's outrageous, that's outrageous, that's outrages!

We will see you on the picket line!

I'm gonna fly to Atlanta so I can personally witness Scott Davis waive to each package of Amazon, Target, WallMart and Twinhill, when they divert their volume to FedEx.

Last edited by a moderator:

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I will join you if you can quote a source that doen't have speculation in it. Until I see a national Master agreement with ALL riders and addendums, I'm withholding judgement.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Retiree insurance for myself and my spouse is currently around $475 a month. If it would only cost me $300 a month I'm all in.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My retirement planning has always assumed retiree insurance would much higher then it is today. It's one bill you can count on never going down. That and cable.

Atomic_Smurf

Sorry guys, but going on strike will do nothing to repeal Obamacare and the burdens that it places on employers for providing healthcare to its employees. Demand our union fight to repeal this legislation that redistributes a portion of your benefits or it will only continue to get worse as more of the law is implemented.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Sorry guys, but going on strike will do nothing to repeal Obamacare and the burdens that it places on employers for providing healthcare to its employees. Demand our union fight to repeal this legislation that redistributes a portion of your benefits or it will only continue to get worse as more of the law is implemented.

UPS is among the last private companies to offer heath insurance to retirees. And even at $300/month, its rates would be among the lowest. Is this really about ObamaCare, or the swelling ranks of retirees, soaring cost of health care and quest for big profits?

InsideUPS

UPS is among the last private companies to offer heath insurance to retirees. And even at $300/month, its rates would be among the lowest. Is this really about ObamaCare, or the swelling ranks of retirees, soaring cost of health care and quest for big profits?

Personally....I find this amount quite acceptable ........ Just one question to clarify. Does $300/month include coverage for the spouse?

UPSBOT

When UPS Was Fun
Right now I'm paying $250.00/person/month. Times a wife and two kids. Add another $20.00 per for dental and vision. I guess I was getting a deal. My wife works for Mayo Clinic and this was cheaper then I could get through Mayo!!!!

Last edited:

mintlp

As far as retiree coverage and premiums , I interpret that the people it will affect are teamsters Ups Retirees currently in Ups health plan and not members in Teamster health plans? Is that correct?

Johney

Right now I'm paying $250.00/person/month. Times a wife and two kids. Add another $20.00 per for dental and vision. I guess I was getting a deal. My wife works for Mayo Clinic and this was cheaper then I could get through Mayo!!!!
You are retired and still have kids young enough to be on UPS's insurance? Nice!

DOK

Ours went from $400 to $750, so I'd say you're getting off cheap. Funny, it's gonna get a whole lot worse as Obamacare approaches, yet the teamsters supported him?

trickpony1

Good idea but it's not gonna happen.
The Teamsters supported obama so they aren't gonna do anything to upset the messiah.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
The Teamsters supported obama so they aren't gonna do anything to upset the messiah.

The Teamsters should've supported Mitt Romney. He would've appointed union friendly people to the NLRB, and therefore Teamsters would've had worker friendly arbitrators at grievance proceedings. :surprised:

wkmac

The Teamsters should've supported Mitt Romney. He would've appointed union friendly people to the NLRB, and therefore Teamsters would've had worker friendly arbitrators at grievance proceedings. :surprised:

From a truly union perspective, what if the whole process was a false choice to begin with?

rod

Retired 22 years
There was a time I would have said $300 was outragous. That was before I hit 65 and lost the Teamster coverage for which I paid $150 a month to cover both of us. Now it costs me (even with Medicare) $206 a month and being my wife had to get her own policy we pay another $600 a month for her. I would gladly trade my $800+ a month insurance bill for a $300 one anyday.

Inthegame

Golly gee Batman, Someone gave Bagels a cup of Hoax's coffee...

The Milkman

Hoffa Sr. and Ron Carey are turning over in their graves!

The Healthcare Insurance for retirees goes from $100/month to $300/month in three years, it triples! That's outrageous, that's outrageous, that's outrages!

We will see you on the picket line!

I'm gonna fly to Atlanta so I can personally witness Scott Davis waive to each package of Amazon, Target, WallMart and Twinhill, when they divert their volume to FedEx.

I have been retired over 5 yrs now..When I started at UPS like many others you look at the wage and benefit pkg..Back in 81 they were Great. Now any Driver within retirement age is now looking into cutting into their monthly pension benefit that he/she was looking forward to..As far as I can remember UPS has always made BILIONS off the sweat of our backs. Nice payback for all the years we put in. But they can still give out millions to the board at their whim.. If this passes it will get worse down the road, givebacks yes givebacks NEVER come back. Future UPS drivers that retire will now have to get a p/t job to make ends meet if they are not financially set by that time. Nothing like planning your future with a at one time GREAT pension and medical plan only to have your dreams squashed again by GREED:not_fair: