32 Years Of Service And All He Got Was ....

!Retired!

Did it ever occur to you the retiree didn't want anything? We had a guy retire a couple of months ago and nobody knew anything until his last day.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A handshake and a sincere "thank you" don't cost anything.

I agree. It would be nice to walk out the door knowing that your efforts were appreciated and respected. Unfortunately, that isn't the case at FedEx. You know they want you gone, and the standardized cheap sheet cake and card just drive the point home.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Maybe you've forgotten, but you're talking to people here that would not be happy even if Fedex gave them the moon when they retired.
actually, that would be so fitting - one final, useless, slap-across-the-face parting gift from Uncle Fred. I mean just exactly WTF am I supposed to do with the moon anyway?

Doc Sorting Dude

You know what really gets me why why why FedEx Corp a company with million dollars planes expensive race cars and crews massive fleet etc ....cannot put up a simple web page dedicated to all the drivers out there that have been killed doing there jobs a simple google will give you a list of drivers from all the opcos who been tragically killed.Not even a simple honor so sad :(

Not so sure anybody would want to read that. We are stressed enough trying not to be a statistic in someone's webpage.

fedupped

I dont think there is a sincere thankyou at Fedex available. I could care less. I'm one of those ...shake your friends hands and walk out the door kind of guys. My last 26 year of safe driving award was the cheapest knife tool thing you ever saw. Tried to close it and it broke within minutes. Coworker got same thing and exact same thing happened to his. What is the cost of each accident they always berate you with? HAHA.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I dont think there is a sincere thankyou at Fedex available. I could care less. I'm one of those ...shake your friends hands and walk out the door kind of guys. My last 26 year of safe driving award was the cheapest knife tool thing you ever saw. Tried to close it and it broke within minutes. Coworker got same thing and exact same thing happened to his. What is the cost of each accident they always berate you with? HAHA.

What an insult. Just another example of the low regard they have for employees.

purplesky

At my large UPS hub, retirement parties are now a small carnival with pony rides and clowns. They recently had a old UPS Nascar that people could drive around the parking lot.

The retirement cake was actually a life size package car that the whole hub ate after 3 sorts.

Somebody said the retirement party budget is now 15k per full time driver. 40k for managment.

Our division manager recently retired and they had a Redbull helicopter pick him up at the end of his retirement carnival. He was so drunk he was throwing UPS stock certificates from the helicopter as he flew away.

DontThrowPackages

At my large UPS hub, retirement parties are now a small carnival with pony rides and clowns. They recently had a old UPS Nascar that people could drive around the parking lot.

The retirement cake was actually a life size package car that the whole hub ate after 3 sorts.

Somebody said the retirement party budget is now 15k per full time driver. 40k for managment.

Our division manager recently retired and they had a Redbull helicopter pick him up at the end of his retirement carnival. He was so drunk he was throwing UPS stock certificates from the helicopter as he flew away.

Yeah, rub it in. I get the feeling if employees from both companies were invited by Flemings Steakhouse for dinner, Brown would be at the head of the table eating Filet Minion and Porterhouse while we would be in the kitchen, sitting on crates, waiting to eat from the plates you guys didn't finish.
Can someone explain to me why one company never whines about making money while the other makes it seen they have the collect after them. They both provide the exact same service. Don't they?