$4.06 A Gallon

HazMatMan

:dissapointed: A local gas station mini mart sells 12 ounce bottles of water for 1.50. Why just complain about gas ?
Because I need to buy gas to get to work, not water, also you could get free water from your tap. Also water is cheaper at Walmart or the supermarket. 24 bottles for like $3.00.. I bought a 32 ounce gatorade at a gas station once for like $2.75 (local supermarket same gatorade 10 for 10 dollars) I was like what the ****!!!!. I was stuck in traffic due to an accident for about an hour and a half in the summertime with no ac so I was literally dying from thirst, so I stopped at a gas station for a drink. All of their prices were outrageous, not just the gatorade. Never went back there again, never will..

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ne ohio, between 3.25/3.33. I bought it last night, right after getting pulled over for going too fast on my way home. :sick:
No ticket, heheheeh!!!!!!!! WAS IT THE BROWN UNIFORM, OR MY AMAZING CHARM????

I think the government, and the state, should take the tax off instead of giving us a stimulus. I would be extremely stimulated, if I could get it for 2.75.
Ya know they put tax on it for roads. I have a 4x4, that could get lost in some of the holes. When we had a storm, not a plow in site, and when there was, its blade was up, and not dropping a morsel of salt. My road is clear, now, from the FREAKIN SUN:whiteflag::whiteflag:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me again, why I pay, City, local, county, state, real estate, school, federal, gasoline, sin, and sales taxes?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Tell me again, why I pay, City, local, county, state, real estate, school, federal, gasoline, sin, and sales taxes?

This is an easy one, ITS BECAUSE THE POLITICIANS WANT TO STAY IN POWER!!!:cursing: They do know how to spend our money for us, they care about us, and are much smarter. And we keep re-electing the same idiots over and over.

Unleaded gas is $3.22 a gallon tonight, with diesel around $3.80. No telling how much it will go up tomorrow.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
This is an easy one, ITS BECAUSE THE POLITICIANS WANT TO STAY IN POWER!!!:cursing: They do know how to spend our money for us, they care about us, and are much smarter. And we keep re-electing the same idiots over and over.

Unleaded gas is $3.22 a gallon tonight, with diesel around $3.80. No telling how much it will go up tomorrow.
Disel is 404!!!!!!!!! The people including UPS that keep America going, are suffering the most!!!!
No they are not smarter than us, just more powerful. I do not vote the same ones in, but the people who want the social programs do. And there are more of them than us. The reason being is I had 2 because thats how many I could afford, and barely. They have 5 and never worry about the added cost, as you and I will take care of them. I dont want to hijack another thread, but, there are those among us who are not affected by these increases. Those who pay the same amount for rent, gas, and electric, every month, no matter how high the cost goes. Gas goes to 4 bucks, doesnt matter, they only drive to the store. You know who they are when you deliver and their screen door is open, coz its too hot in the house!!!!!!! And its like 12 outside. And you deliver their food stamp card, and they have a big screen TV. And a lexus in the driveway. Or when they have a cod and pull out a wad of cash like I have never seen, but dont have a checking account,so you have to cater to them, and state the case that we do not accept cash, and are so out of the realm of things that we are stupid for not accepting cash!!
I dont know who if anyone will feel the pulse of what we go through, I can handle 4 dollar gas, but it aint fun, and it aint right, time to give us a break, and 1200 stimulus doesnt do it. Time to make those people who run those depts, take the cuts instead of increasing the cost to us.
Yeah yeah, I know the welfare is such a small part of the budget.
Bull, we are paying people to help people who are able bodied to get money. The job market is terrible, yes good paying jobs are, thats why you must have more than a 9th grade education to get them. GED is free, so is college, go get help!! Its all funded by us since you didnt have parents that made you stay in school. Increase your viability. So you start at the bottom. And work your way up, we all did. :whiteflag: rant.

B

brown observer

Just be happy you are not an owner operator. These guys must not be making a profit if prices are heading up,up and away!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I also drive an '06 VW TDI Jetta....and I run mine on locally produced biodiesel made from recycled cooking grease.
I truly hope oil prices continue to go UP. Its time we broke our addicition to imported once and for all. For what we are spending to keep our troops in the middle East, we could be building biodiesel factories instead and becoming energy independent. Biodiesel can be produced from algae, on unarable land, using brackish or polluted water. It is truly a renewable resource.

traveler

Where next? Venice
I know this will sound a bit unusual BUT even at $4.00 per gallon of gasoline the USA has one of the lowest prices of any country around the world.

This is true except for a few countries like China where prices and the oil industry is fully controlled or the prices are subsidized by the government.

UPS Lifer

I know this will sound a bit unusual BUT even at $4.00 per gallon of gasoline the USA has one of the lowest prices of any country around the world.

This is true except for a few countries like China where prices and the oil industry is fully controlled or the prices are subsidized by the government.

I agree 100%. I am not as well traveled as you but I have seen the same thing. When I was in London they laughed at our outrage of how high the prices are in the US.... and I should say - rightfully so. Back in 1999, the price of a liter was higher than the price of gallon of gas. I remember it being close to double the price back then. I am sure that US prices are closer now then back in 1999 but you have to see it to believe it.

I really think that hydrogen fuel cell technology is the wave of the future. I read about a car that is going to be about $80K that will give you about 50 radius on a recharge. BUT - it will have a small gasoline generator that will provide on demand recharge capacity for an additional 450 miles on a capacity of less than 5 gallon reservoir.

As technology improves the cost will come down.... It already has made some gains.

Last edited:

poozer2000

here in the uk it's currently £105.9 a litre of unleaded which's about £4.87 a gallon,
diesel is around 109.9 a litre thats around £5.05 a gallon

so if you turn that into $$$$$ thats around $9.50+ a gallon

so think yourselves lucky rumour has it that it will soon go to £5.25 a gallon.

UPS Lifer

here in the uk it's currently £105.9 a litre of unleaded which's about £4.87 a gallon,

I forgot about the difference between pounds and the dollar. That is why I remember a liter the way it is. If you look at the sign where they post the amount per liter as an American you need to double the amount and then triple it to convert it close to what the US price per gallon is! At least back in '99 the pound was almost double the $.

FAVREFAN

Yeah, but here, we sit on our so called "expressways" going nowhere.(idling) Many here spend $30-$40 each day going and coming from work. Hundreds of millions of cars on our roads with infrastructure that was designed in the '60's that can't handle it anymore. We spend most of our gas money idling and moving too slow.

poozer2000

Yeah, but here, we sit on our so called "expressways" going nowhere.(idling) Many here spend $30-$40 each day going and coming from work. Hundreds of millions of cars on our roads with infrastructure that was designed in the '60's that can't handle it anymore. We spend most of our gas money idling and moving too slow.

its exactly the same here on outdated 3 lane motorways going absolutley nowhereand Southampton has more traffic lights per square mile than any other city in the world so i know where your coming from ( ok so we don't spend the amount of cash getting to work, )

UPS Lifer

I hate to say it but that is why Americans are thought of in the regards we are.

We are very naive to what the rest of the world is going through. Folks that work in the metropolitan area of London (or any other area) have the same type of traffic and parking problems as we do BUT they are paying 2 times the amount per gallon as us!!

It can come across as arrogance or smugness or entitlement on our part. My wife and I go on tours and ask a lot of questions about politics, living conditions, insurance, housing and working conditions and overall culture.

We ask with a yearning to learn about the folks we visiting in a very thoughtful way. We get very candid responses back to our questions. Sometimes we hear things that we probably don't want to hear but need to hear.

traveler

Where next? Venice
I hate to say it but that is why Americans are thought of in the regards we are.

We are very naive to what the rest of the world is going through. Folks that work in the metropolitan area of London (or any other area) have the same type of traffic and parking problems as we do BUT they are paying 2 times the amount per gallon as us!!

It can come across as arrogance or smugness or entitlement on our part. My wife and I go on tours and ask a lot of questions about politics, living conditions, insurance, housing and working conditions and overall culture.

We ask with a yearning to learn about the folks we visiting in a very thoughtful way. We get very candid responses back to our questions. Sometimes we hear things that we probably don't want to hear but need to hear.

So true Lifer... One thing no one has mentioned about London is the permit needed to commute into the city and the cost of that in addition to the gasoline (petrol). I don't want to quote a number that is incorrect so perhaps one of you Brits out there could help me out. Also, the traffic in London is just as bad a here in New York City during rush hour. I did hear that there was a mention of the government mulling over a charge of $40 a day extra for SUV's coming into London due to the high petrol consumption!

DS

Fenderbender
Facts about pumping gas.
My tax/accounting guy sent me this.

1. Fill up your car or truck in the morning when the temperature is still cool. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground, and the colder the ground, the denser the gasoline. When it gets warmer gasoline expands, so if you're filling up in the afternoon or in the evening, what should be a gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and temperature of the fuel (gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products) are significant. Every truckload that we load is temperature-compensated so that the indicated gallonage is actually the amount pumped. A one-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for businessnes, but service stations don't have temperature compensation at their pumps.

2. If a tanker truck is filling the station's tank at the time you want to buy gas, do not fill up. Most likely dirt and sludge in the tank is being stirred up when gas is being delivered, and you might be transferring that dirt form the bottom of their tank into your car's tank.

3. Fill up when your gas tank is half full, because the more gas you have in your tank the less air there is and gasoline evaporates rapidly, especially when it's warm. (Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating 'roof' membrane to act as a barrier between the gas and the atmosphere, thereby minimizing evaporation.)

4. If you look at the trigger you'll see that is has three delivery settings: slow, medium and high. When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to the high setting. You should be pumping at the slow setting, thereby minimizing vapors while you are pumping. Hoses at the pump are corrugated; the corrugations act as a return path for vapor recovery from gas that already has been metered. If you are pumping at the high setting, the agitated gasoline contains more vapor, which is being sucked back into the underground tank, so you're getting less gas for your money. Hope this will ease your pain at the pump.

FAVREFAN

I'm not naive my friend. I've been to Ireland many times and my relatives come here every other summer and can't believe how long it takes to get anywhere here. But then again, I live outside the second largest city in the U.S. They do speak of how "petrol" is double the price over there, but they also say how little they use compared to us. Better fuel economy there by far and also, people don't drive nearly as far to work as we Americans do. That's where our reputations come from. Many of us "dumb Americans" drive 25-50 miles to work each day in 10-15 mpg SUV's. No I , but many do. And Iraq has destroyed our reputation everywhere including Ireland.