42 Years Ago Today

ok2bclever

I Re Member
Sure, UPS had voluntarily already agreed to the ten thousand part-time to full-time jobs and went on strike to save us from future pension problems.

Darn, they really missed a great PR move by not telling the public about that when they were getting their rear ends handed to them.

Gee, it's hard to believe UPS could have been that stupid, but the only other alternative is you are lying again.

Hmmmm.:cool:

tieguy

Banned
Okie its really not my fault the company and union feels they should not include you when they communicate the issues of the day. Perhaps you should look within. Perhaps you have made yourself unapproachable. Perhaps your obsessive traits make you one they go out of their way to avoid. Perhaps they think You're an A-hole. Its not up to me to say and I would never think to do so.:D

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Sure, UPS had voluntarily already agreed to the ten thousand part-time to full-time jobs and went on strike to save us from future pension problems

Really? When did UPS go on strike? I must have missed that. When did they go out? I know of two strikes where the teamsters went out, but not UPS.

Darn, missed the action.

d

ok2bclever

I Re Member
tie, it goes without saying that you don't think. :D

So danny, are you saying you thought any part of that sentence was actually to be taken as serious.

Either retirement or hanging so close to tie is having a deleterious affect on you.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Nope, I never take anything you say seriously. :D

As for disagreeing with you, could be me. But maybe just maybe, when you disagree with that many people, maybe you might want to look inward.

But then again you might not like what you see.

As for the strike, I had my fill of well meaning but disalusioned teamster thugs forcing drivers and part timers to sign the strike authorization. Never heard so many lies told in my life, and some of the retaliation to those that would not sign......

The whole strike in 97 was over who controled the pension. He who controls the pension controls the union. Everything else was eye candy for the media. They very well outplayed the company on that one, but it wont happen again.

And the pilots strike, I wonder how they will sell that one to the media? After all there are no part timers making sub-livable wages now are there.

d

ok2bclever

I Re Member
I have noticed and wondered about your steady conversion from telling it like it is regarding the company on such issues as safety, etc. and from disagreeing with tie most of the time to being the buddy buddy company man with him over the last year.

It's fairly incongruous what with you situation having the option to retire young on a comfortable Teamster pension that few ever achieve in an anti-union state such as you reside in, but hey, have a good life and continue to bad mouth the hand that feeds you.

Such melodrama, Teamster thugs forcing strike votes. . .

Geeze, you should start writing script for some soap opera.

As for disagreeing with many people. . . that's funny.

He who controls the pension controls the union.

Where do you get such tripe?

The union itself has no direct financial affiliation to the pension that is held and ran by representatives of both company and union.

It's amazing how such a simple concept seems to elude some people.

I don't have any problem looking myself in the mirror or leaving it for that matter, but I thank you for your concern and hope you are up to the task as well.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I call it like I see it. Company or union.

That is why I and two other drivers filed for back pay on UPS track side services, a sham that is nothing more than management doing hourly work. This one has been filed for over a year now, and all the races since have also been filed on. Still not been heard.

That is why I filed to see the company wide stats on roll overs on p500's, why I filed a national complaint on handles being in the wrong place on several models of package car, places that could cause injury to the driver should he/she use them, or be placed too high for the driver to even reach the thing in the first place. Think the union ever got involved? Nope. Got the cold shoulder. Leave that kinda stuff to the national safety committee. Your just a dumb driver, what would/could you know.

Sorry, raising serious issues within the frame work of the company has worked in many cases. Even if you have to get Liberty Mutual involved. See, I will play nice even to the devil to accomplish my goals for safety of my fellow driver.

I still dont understand how they can think that a P700 without duel wheels is not a greater turn over risk that one with duel wheels.

The problem is that you have a union that is in itself part of organized crime. Always has been and will always be controlled by. Like it or not. And part of that control is the handling of pension funds the way they see fit. Yeah yeah, I know, 50% teamsters and 50% company controlled. And that is suppose to make me feel better. Really? I would rather see more UPS involvement than less, since they are in most cases a small minority on boards.

And when you have union thugs knife a man, or doing damage to property or livestock, what else would you call it. Heard too many, even here, call it just deserts. I love the way you try and justify that type of action, or dismiss it totally as fantasy.

As for my responses to Tie, because you are not invited to all our private conversations on issues, I guess you might draw the conclusions you do. And that is OK. I can let you be wrong in your assumptions and not call you on the carpet for them.

Interestingly, in private I can tell Tie to blow it out his :censored2: but If I did that to you here, that might get me censored. I do find Tie a worthy combatant though. And actually very honest in his dealings, even when he is wrong ;)

Funny, also, how I saw documents dealing with the 97 strike that Tie has mentioned, and because you didn't see them, he is a liar and they don't exist. I even think I have some of them stored somewhere. I will have to take some time and dig through 30+ years of stuff and find it. It might prove useful in your education.

ok2bclever

I Re Member
danny, you really are getting off on telling everyone how smart you are aren't you. :D

I know at the very least you are impressed with yourself.

I inferred that you and tie have been chumming, didn't really need your confirming it.

You are really hobnobbing with the big folk now aren't you. :cool:

I don't condone anything unethical, you are really taken in tie's style.

You two going to take shifts or alternate?

I wonder how many here have been threatened or stabbed by union thugs in person?

They must congregate down around you although for the life of me I can't imagine why.

susiedriver

dBoy said:
Nope, not smart, just dedicated.
Which begs the question, dedicated to what(whom)? Can't be UPS, you quit right before peak, even I worked through peak and left in January. Could it be you're dedicated to your new buddy? That's sweet.:p

Last edited:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Yep I was actually looking out for the other drivers in my loop and center.

I don't know how it is where you worked, but in my center/district they will only allow so many drivers per building/number of routes. If you have people that are on comp, FML etc, you can not bring in drivers to cover for that vacancy. So you work the drivers that are left to death.

In my case the doctor told me I was finished on sept 1. I waited for the second opinion, and it was the same. So on the 15th I talked to my sup, center manager, and business agent and we agreed that it would not benefit anyone if I just hung on, so I retired. That allowed my position to be placed up for bid and allowed them to bring in a new full time body. In time for Christmas.

I could have done it like several other drivers have done in the past and stayed on the role for two more years and never work a day. But why?

As it turned out, I was one week of benefits short of being able to buy out my last year, when they remembered that I did some safety paper work during that two weeks between the 1st and 15th. About 10-15 minutes worth. They paid me the couple of bucks and paid benefits for that week. I was able to buy out the year and retire.

So everything worked out to the greater good for all involved. I got to leave on a good note with full retirement, a new driver got a full time job, UPS got a younger driver full of piss and vinegar who knew the area anyway.

So while I guess I did quit "right before peak" it was the right thing to do, considering.

But am so glad you asked.

Yall leave her alone, she has been hanging around tie too long and picked up some "issues"

BTW, been thinking, ever notice that Susie and Tie really like to argue? Maybe.....Nah Well with all the posters with more than one ID, who knows?

d:D

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
dannyboy said:
Yall leave her alone, she has been hanging around tie too long and picked up some "issues"

BTW, been thinking, ever notice that Susie and Tie really like to argue? Maybe.....Nah Well with all the posters with more than one ID, who knows?

d:D

Dang dawg you did me wrong on that one.:cool:

tieguy

Banned
dannyboy said:
As for the strike, I had my fill of well meaning but disalusioned teamster thugs forcing drivers and part timers to sign the strike authorization. Never heard so many lies told in my life, and some of the retaliation to those that would not sign......

Interesting point and one many teamsters have been reluctant to discuss. We had a steward who objected to the strike. That brought on the anonymous phone calls at his house at all hours of the night. We had people who were "encouraged" to support the strike with visits from goons. I had approximately 50 people talk to me during the event about crossing the line. I actually tried to talk them out of doing so because I knew they would catch a rath of hell if they crossed. I understand the need for unity but I honestly did not see a true democratic effort to earn that unity. More reminiscent of the officers walking behind the line kicking the soldiors asses to move them into combat and shooting the stragglers.
In the end its a glorious win for labor and a blackeye for upsers.

trickpony1

Back to the original topic.....

Even worse than JFK's murder was the snow job our government gave the American people about which direction the shots came from.

Anyone with an elementary understanding of physics knows that if you are shot from the front, the inertia, conservation of energy and force of the bullet will drive the mass that it strikes in the same direction...that being rearward as in the case of JFK's head.

I believe Jackie was reaching back to get the large fragment of skull bone created by the expanded bullet exit off the trunk lid as shown in the film.

Of interest is the fact that many YEARS later I heard a radio news broadcast which said the doctor that treated JFK said that JFK had been shot from the front. The reason the doctor didn't say anything right after it happened was because he was doing his residency and didn't want to get "blackballed" thereby ruining his career.

susiedriver

Trick,

I actually knew the Navy doctor who did the autopsy and burned the report in his fireplace. I was good friends with one of his children. He resigned his commission, even though he was due to become an admiral. He would never talk about the incident.