4th of July

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by badpal, May 21, 2009.

1. badpal

badpal Member

Has anybody heard how UPS and rest of the corporate America handling it since it falls on Saturday. Do we just get the weekend off??
  2. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

Yup, we will just get the weekend off, but we will get paid for it so its a few extra hours on that week's paycheck that can be spent on a few more fireworks this year.
  3. smallsort490

smallsort490 New Member

Not sure if this is true but i was told we will only get sat. and sun. off but will be paid out for the 4th so it will show an extra day on your check I hope this is true
  4. Livin the Dream?

Livin the Dream? Disillusioned UPSer

I will go out on a limb here, but my guess is it will include fireworks, hotdogs, & beer. Not necessarily in that order.
  5. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

rumour has it that our building will be shutting down Friday, July 3rd. Much like this past January 2nd.
  6. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

It will depend on what our major shippers do.
  7. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Usually we have just Sat and Sunday off but we still get paid the extar holiday pay even though the holiday falls on a Saturday.
  8. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Though the holiday falls on a Saturday, you will be allowed to have Saturday off, due to the 4th of July. Your paychecks will not be affected.
  9. browndude

browndude New Member

when a holiday falls on saturday you get no extra day off but you do get holiday pay for the saturday.when it falls on sunday we get monday off.
  10. July 4th is on Saturday. Does that mean we'll get time and a half for the holiday,being that it would be a 6th punch?
  11. browndude

browndude New Member

nope straight pay
  12. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

All holidays are paid 8 hours for FT.
    IF the majority of America" business are closed on the 3rd, we might shut down but I wouldn't make any plans for that day. An d IF by chance we did shut down for the thrid, it would be without pay.
  13. retired2000

retired2000 Active Member

again read the contract come on guys. it is 8hrs pay and only the weekend off.
  14. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

As Upstate noted in another post,its amazing how many people who work here havn't got a clue about these matters. WAKE UP PEOPLE !!! Oh and while I'm here,where can I get UPS socks & how long till I get to fly the planes?????
  15. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

37 years
  16. sortaisle

sortaisle Livin the cardboard dream

I've been told to expect to work on the 4th for Saturday air. If we work, that's time and a half plus holiday pay right?
  17. some1else

some1else Active Member

god i hope so; that will be my 10hour sat at 1.5 + 4hours holiday = 19hours pay vs. 4 hours pay if we dont work! which we wont...
  18. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Maybe not! Only 37% of the time!
  19. upser_J

upser_J New Member

but theres a 29% chance that this rule may not apply
  20. I_R_A_UPSER

I_R_A_UPSER Banned

Come on man!!! Didn't you read the contract? SHEESH....