804 Math - 1 BA is greater than 250 drivers

Catatonic

Nine Lives
BC'ers have danced around this fact but seem to back away from a real discussion of this fact.
804 Union Management considers Liam's job more important than the 250 drivers he mislead into a wildcat strike.
Many think UPS will not back down as long a Liam is in a leadership position in the Teamsters.
804 Union management is willing to sacrifice 250 UPS drivers in order to not discipline Liam.

upschuck

How do you know that this is/was an offer? Just because many think this does not make it true. I believe that if it were, then UPS could put out a statement saying that, and then the vast majority of people would put pressure on the union.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
You could video your own speeches.

What like ---- Guys UPS is going out of business. Fed Ex is gonna take all our volume. We need you guys to step it up. We cant have you guys working excessive hours. Without sporh. We will just have to close this center.

liam screwed up . he pulled all those drivers at start time which UPS will call abandoning the job. instant dismissal. your value as a driver to UPS is somewhere between dead battery and flat tire . THIS IS ABOUT UNION BUSTING , UNION BUSTING , UNION BUSTING .... UPS will not care how much they have to spend in order to bust 804. this executive board has no idea how to fight UPS . they are weak . REDMAN AND CREW ( even if you didn't like them ) KNEW HOW TO FIGHT UPS. they went in with bats swinging . this executive board goes in with nerf balls ................................

Brown Spider

BC'ers have danced around this fact but seem to back away from a real discussion of this fact.
804 Union Management considers Liam's job more important than the 250 drivers he mislead into a wildcat strike.
Many think UPS will not back down as long a Liam is in a leadership position in the Teamsters.
804 Union management is willing to sacrifice 250 UPS drivers in order to not discipline Liam.

"BCers have danced around this fact? What fact? The importance that Local 804 "Management" places on Liam's job is pure speculation! And it is ludicrous to speculate that ANYONE would value the job of one BA over the jobs of 250 drivers. Have you considered that, however the Local 804 Executive Board may feel, they don't have the authority to consider such a tradeoff! An elected BA cannot be fired. That is a fact. Check the IBT Constitution!

And we're now going to consider how UPS feels about Liam? Please! UPS triggered the Maspeth incident when they violated Article 18, Section 4 of our Supplement! As Matt H. scans the BrownCafe, I'm sure he's delighted that we are doing what UPS could not figure out how to do...turning on each other and looking for the most acceptable virgin to toss into the UPS Volcano!

bigd, member 6045 and not what i voted for have been calling for the resignation of the entire Executive Board. If anyone blames Liam or the Executive Board, fine...don't vote for them in the next election! Run a slate of your own against them! But right now is the time to pull together, not divide and conquer. UPS is being pressured by City Council members and State Representatives, some of whom have authority over lucrative contracts and parking violation waivers that UPS enjoys. Let the damn process work itself out! We all want those 250 drivers back! We all need to get through this with zero casualties! Anything less than that would be failure and UPS should be the only monster under the bed looking for Local 804, and all of us, to fail! We can't do it to ourselves! Don't let that happen! This is just not the time for the Ready - Fire - Aim mentality of those who are screaming for resignations!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I can't believe anyone believes in or follows this bozo.
Reminded me of Oral Roberts.
I met and talked with Ron Carey ... this guy is no Ron Carey!