94%

Shiftless

I thought all firemen retired on some fake work comp injury that paid more than just a pension.
It seems it is a common issue for Fire and Police to go out IOD (Injured On Duty). As in my Fireman buddies case, I see it as legit.
After many surgeries, and the latest one they did on his neck from getting hit by falling debris during a call years ago, he really is qualified to go out IOD.

Shiftless

He's in CA most public employees are in the CalPers plan, a California public employee retirement fund. The city is not on the hook, CA tax payers are.
You are right. But to throw a wrench into your comment (I didn't know this either till a few years ago) LA County Fire is not CalPers.

Both my Parent's (deceased) were CalPers retiree's. I am envious they got COLA's !

Imagine if the Teamsters offered COLA's???

You are right. But to throw a wrench into your comment (I didn't know this either till a few years ago) LA County Fire is not CalPers.

Both my Parent's (deceased) were CalPers retiree's. I am envious they got COLA's !

Imagine if the Teamsters offered COLA's???
I'll just be happy if I'll get what I'm supposed to get. That's why I put money in a 401k in a Roth IRA so I can give myself my own Cola

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'll just be happy if I'll get what I'm supposed to get. That's why I put money in a 401k in a Roth IRA so I can give myself my own Cola
Pension statement today.

Went from 96% funded to 89% in the last 2 years.

How the :censored2:? With the money ups is pouring in and the seemingly endless bull market. How in the :censored2:!!!!!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Pension statement today.

How the *?

What is the ratio of active participants versus retirees ?

How many people retired in the last 2 years ?

With the money ups is pouring in and the seemingly endless bull market. How in the *!!!!!

Successfully managing a personal investment account....

is a little different than managing a multi-billion dollar pension fund.

And, what pension fund are you talking about ?

What is the ratio of active participants versus retirees ?

How many people retired in the last 2 years ?

Successfully managing a personal investment account....

is a little different than managing a multi-billion dollar pension fund.

And, what pension fund are you talking about ?
I got the same statement from UPS for my part-time pension

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Pension statement today.

How the *? With the money ups is pouring in and the seemingly endless bull market. How in the *!!!!!

Got mine also...In 2018 the UPS Pension Plan had unbelievable investment returns. Study the flip side on the first page, without the interest returns they would have to contribute 717,173,751 at the end of that year, with the investment interest returns they only had to pay out 270,727,261 to cover the promised benefits for their part time employees. We are about half way done with 2021, and with the way the markets are going UPS is going to save a lot of money, particularly with the Central States bail out.

That is why there has only minor token improvements for anybody under the company controlled pension plans. Why does the plan stop incurring benefits at the service level of 35 years for the part time member whereas the IBT pension plan for full timers continues providing increases pass the 35 year limit and also increases with the age of the retirees.