Division Manager completely out of touch - how did I let myself get so screwed

DOK

this is correct, saying you were fired for numbers is pure theater, they had to can you quick before you got seniority

if you don't actually suck they'll rehire you as soon as they can
I thought under the new contract peak counted towards seniority? He obviously worked 30 days since September

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
@Worker55027 if you think that your supes went to bat for you with the DM you are sadly mistaken. They kiss his ass, not yours lol.

This scenario has played out for many years, and will continue for many years to come. The results were planned long before you were hired, it’s theater.

If I were you I’d say you dished a bullet and move on.

What's your ETA

Obviously some exaggeration there on the age - meant super young bucks. As far as qualifying, mean - they get to stick around and qualify while I'm booted out until March, where I get to start completely over, with the prime progression spots long filled.
Getting people to work 3 to 4 months with a carrot of “we will bring you back after peak” wasn’t working anymore. Now they give you the impression you’re permanent… until you’re not. Corporate America at its finest.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Getting people to work 3 to 4 months with a carrot of “we will bring you back after peak” wasn’t working anymore. Now they give you the impression you’re permanent… until you’re not. Corporate America at its finest.
Very different 35 years ago, if you got your foot in the door as a casual you could work 9 months a year if you weren’t a slacker. At least you knew you had a good shot.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I heard them telling part timers to quit their day jobs to go driving. Pulled them aside and said they are :censored2:ing with you guys, do not buy their BS!

Brownwind

Just curious. Did you pay any union dues during your tenure?

UnionStrong

The week of training didn’t count. Some guys would get 7 or 8 days of training. if you worked past 30 days, you were in. So, basically you had 22 solo days to prove you could run under on your own.
They just threw me on a route I knew for 30 days. I don’t recall anything about scratching. As long as I finished and didn’t wreck, I was in.

What's your ETA

They just threw me on a route I knew for 30 days. I don’t recall anything about scratching. As long as I finished and didn’t wreck, I was in.
Scratching came from our Division Manager at the time. Total hardass, but he told you upfront what the deal was. I had no issues with the route and scratched it first week solo, rest of the qualifying time was spent avoiding accidents which was the kiss of death.

UnionStrong

Scratching came from our Division Manager at the time. Total hardass, but he told you upfront what the deal was. I had no issues with the route and scratched it first week solo, rest of the qualifying time was spent avoiding accidents which was the kiss of death.
I can’t recall ever really scratching a route. The time studies were so outdated that as long as you made service and didn’t bring stuff back, no one busted your balls.