A/C Petition

Foamer Pyle

Go ahead---most of them don't work anyway.

This thread illustrates the pussification of America.
In 26 years, I have never driven a package car that the heater didn't work in. You guys must have a bunch up Beaters up there. Even the ones I drove with a choke button and wooden bulk head doors, had working heaters.

Indecisi0n

In 26 years, I have never driven a package car that the heater didn't work in. You guys must have a bunch up Beaters up there. Even the ones I drove with a choke button and wooden bulk head doors, had working heaters.
The desiel trucks are horrible with heat. I kept writing it up the. Finally the mechanic comes up to me and says "there is nothing wrong with the heat these trucks are just a piece of :censored2:".

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Those tiny fans that blow heat and dust in your face? Yeah,we got those.
I went a year or so after getting my new truck trying to tough it out without that tiny fan...it was miserable. I just finally had my mechanic put a new fan in.

The new fans they use are super high velocity and so powerful that they move air in from outside instead of just blowing around the hot air in the cab. I found that out the hard way when I forgot to empty my trash and my lunch remains had gone rancid over the weekend, complete with maggots (nasty). I smelled nothing until each time I turned the truck on (truck not moving) and the fan kicked in, which sucked in air from outside past the trash can and blew it into my face (fan is mounted above windshield by backup cam monitor). Felt like someone was smacking me with a decomposing corpse for half an hour until I figured it out.

Life has been so much nicer since I got a fan back. Without it I'm soaking wet all day--With it, I stay relatively dry.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

I would never take a truck out in the winter that didn't have a working heater. Last time they tried to get me to run a truck where the heater died mid-day in January I told them I was either bringing the truck in or they were bringing me a new one. New one was out in about 20 minutes.

The desiel trucks are horrible with heat. I kept writing it up the. Finally the mechanic comes up to me and says "there is nothing wrong with the heat these trucks are just a piece of :censored2:".
Yeah, the 90s diesel 700s had really crappy heaters compared to the workhorse 700s of this millennium. Those are as toasty as the new freightliners, possibly hotter.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The earth hasn't warmed at all since 1997.
You're not believing the leftist media, are you?
I think we're seeing a climate change in New England, but not "global warming" per se. Last few winters have been colder and summers have been warmer. Also there have been really weird days in December last couple of winters where I could wear shorts in New England.

I'm all for it, stay cool baby!
I see allot of pessimistic people in here. It takes two minutes to sign a petition. You never know what kind of uproar this petition can cause. We need to help each other out and let our voices be heard by this petition. Take two minutes out of your day and sign it. Forward the Petition to family and friends and ask them to kindly pass it on!
https://www.change.org/p/united-par...-provide-air-conditioning-to-delivery-drivers

BrownTexas

View attachment 46132 This is all I have to cool off. Im on an all residential route with no restaurants or places to cool off in the air conditioning all day. I carry four of them, I freeze them solid the night before. The trick is to only fill up about a half inch below the neck of the bottle so that the ice expansion doesn't bust the bottle. I store in an insulated lunch box and have ice all day. I will top them off with bottled water as the ice melts. I have survived thirty-one years of high humidity Southern Summers. A/C isn't going to happen.
Keep your fingers out of doors. Those nails look terrible.