A Really Good, Cheap Wine

MassWineGuy

Well, maybe I’m just overwhelmed by the holiday spirit, but I want to give back a little to this group. In a previous life I was a wine writer and developed some level (low, probably) of knowledge.

I just want to recommend in the highest possible way a sensational sparkling wine steal from Trader Joe’s: the “Trader Joe’s Reserve North Coast Brut.” North Coast California, that is. It is really, really delicious and smooth. And it’s $10. It could easily be twice that and sell readily.

This doesn’t stick around long, so I’m stocking up as soon as my OT pay comes in.

vantexan

Well, maybe I’m just overwhelmed by the holiday spirit, but I want to give back a little to this group. In a previous life I was a wine writer and developed some level (low, probably) of knowledge.

I just want to recommend in the highest possible way a sensational sparkling wine steal from Trader Joe’s: the “Trader Joe’s Reserve North Coast Brut.” North Coast California, that is. It is really, really delicious and smooth. And it’s $10. It could easily be twice that and sell readily.

This doesn’t stick around long, so I’m stocking up as soon as my OT pay comes in.
Tap water is free. And I highly recommend Wal-Mart's caffeine free diet soda. Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Even better, use your raise and bonus and really stock up!

fedx

Extra Large Package

Winking Owl brand from Aldi is good and really cheap too. Used to be $2.95 a bottle, but is now $3.49. It's made by Gallo. Aldi owns Trader Joe's, so probably from the same manufacturer.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Winking Owl brand from Aldi is good and really cheap too. Used to be $2.95 a bottle, but is now $3.49. It's made by Gallo. Aldi owns Trader Joe's, so probably from the same manufacturer.
Aldi Nord owns Trader Joe's in the States, but the Aldi stores that you see in the States are run by Aldi Süd, which is separate from Trader Joe's.

SmithBarney

I only come to Browncafe for cheap wine... always flowing free of charge.

That being said, I'm not a wine or a beer person, prefer a nice sweet mixed drink, Whisky sour, Malibu Coke, etc... but I have found a few favorites. Currently Monster Hard Seltzer(it doesn't taste like the other horrible seltzers) Bang Seltzers, and a new occasional favorite Bojangles Hard ice tea(IIRC only available in NC and SC)

vantexan

Just an observation, but probably want to avoid wines from a manufacturer.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
1701001847432.png

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
True story. The first (and only) time I bought wine I thought it kept indefinitely like liquor so I bought the most big ass massive bottle the type I wanted had available. When I was informed otherwise I ended up having to polish off the whole thing over the next couple days.