A Shill Is Born

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just think of a number between 58 and 60, and remember the name of Steve McGarrett's sidekick on Hawaii 5-0. This person is on this forum for one reason, and that's to provide the largest smokescreen possible for what Fred S is about to do to the Express division. Their job is to provide maximum misinformation and to make it seem like "FedEx Cares" when nothing could be further from the truth. This is a corporation without conscience that is motivated by only one thing...profit. There is absolutely nothing holding them back from the Fall "restructuring" now, and it's full speed ahead for MEM on the mission to gut Express. Read Ricochet1a's link to Fred's little meeting if you have any doubts. The fact that the person I am referring to is on this board tells me that Smith is still afraid we are going to piss in his Cheerios. Perhaps we should.

FedEx is doing everything possible to make it seem like this is "unavoidable" due to a declining Express market. What they fail to mention is that one of the biggest reasons the Express segment has fallen-off is that Sales is actively pushing business to the other opcos, mainly Ground. It's all smoke and mirrors because this whole deal has been planned for a long time. The dog and pony show is just there to make it look like Fred isn't bending Express over when, in fact, he is bending them over backwards. The Ground scam is where Smith can take even more advantage of employees who aren't legally considered as such, and he's going to pull the trigger. He has so many politicians on the take that he is basically free to do as he wishes. Thank you, Congress, for being for sale to the highest bidder.

It's hard to believe that anyone would believe MEM right now. Maybe we should have gone union a while back when we had the chance. You think?

For those who are interested, I've put off my own site indefinitely due to time commitments and potential problems with FedEx Legal.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Glad you're back MFE and in true long posting form.
I guess I don't have to take your name out of my signature now.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Great to see you back!
People, contact your elected officials, write letters, send emails.
Shout to the high heavens that you job is being outsourced to tax dodging so called independent contractors.
Get your state DOT eyeballing these guys a little closer, tell your family, friends, whover will listen.
Because heck, 50% of you reading this wont be employed by Fedex next year.

TUT

So the 4% and 20% yields are part of the illusion?

Yeah they are struggling with the math of business. And the events that have led us here. Hardly a Fedex only coup.

Comments like this:
"This is a corporation without conscience that is motivated by only one thing...profit."

You mean like most big corporations today? I mean we maybe voting Big Corporations in again and Nov and please don't be surprised it gets even more cut-throat for labor. They are trying to bring us down to 3rd world level labor costs. That is how they see us, Americans.

That said, you can easily cook books to make one Op look great and the other poor if it fills an agenda. I would say the math still favors the results releases, but they could fudge it a bit more for extra effect. How do they divy up non-Operational overhead costs (aka Suits at HQ)? Messing with that a bit can make the yields read whatever you want them to. Obviously if they are going to bring in the axe soon, numbers they posted help them explain it to the employees. Who the hell knows?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Just think of a number between 58 and 60, and remember the name of Steve McGarrett's sidekick on Hawaii 5-0. This person is on this forum for one reason, and that's to provide the largest smokescreen possible for what Fred S is about to do to the Express division. Their job is to provide maximum misinformation and to make it seem like "FedEx Cares" when nothing could be further from the truth. This is a corporation without conscience that is motivated by only one thing...profit.

I'm not telling anyone that FedEx Cares, buddy. I'll be the first one to tell you that FedEx is a business first, last, and always, and that its job is to turn a profit for its owners. Just like UPS, IBM, Google, and the guy running the lawnmower repair shop. Like those guys, FedEx isn't going to tolerate substandard returns in a division.

Hit a snag with your website?

bbsam

Staff member
I'm not telling anyone that FedEx Cares, buddy. I'll be the first one to tell you that FedEx is a business first, last, and always, and that its job is to turn a profit for its owners. Just like UPS, IBM, Google, and the guy running the lawnmower repair shop. Like those guys, FedEx isn't going to tolerate substandard returns in a division.

Agreed, but it's not really fair to compare Express at 4% to Ground at 20% and call it substandard. They really don't stand a chance against us. LOL.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They really don't stand a chance against us. LOL.
You many be getting the extra volume but that doesn't necessarily mean extra gravy. We'll see if your boys can handle it. Personally I have my doubts. Ground can't keep any decent help for any length of time and there's that nasty habit of Ground drivers leaving their vehicles with wide open bulkhead doors for any theif to rummage through. And don't even get me started about their releasing packages like alcohol shipments, amunition, COD's etc. Well Sam more than likely you'll be on call the next time one of your wonder boys decides he's not gonna deal with the crap for substandard wages anymore and then YOU can finish his deliveries and pickups when they quit around noon time. Yeah will see if you can handle it.

59 Dano

Agreed, but it's not really fair to compare Express at 4% to Ground at 20% and call it substandard. They really don't stand a chance against us. LOL.

You're right, it's not fair. McDonald's might operate at a 20% clip compared to In-N-Out's 4%, but that doesn't mean the food is any better. Different companies offering different products to people with different wants and needs.

bbsam

Staff member
You're right, it's not fair. McDonald's might operate at a 20% clip compared to In-N-Out's 4%, but that doesn't mean the food is any better. Different companies offering different products to people with different wants and needs.

Not so. Fast food joints and sit downs often have the same suppliers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Walk down the hall and ask the folks in Legal if they're going to come after me guns blazing. I don't have an army of lawyers and politicians like Smith does. Let's just say I'm working on a way to protect myself. Come out of the closet....your "cover" has been blown Closeau.

59 Dano

Not so. Fast food joints and sit downs often have the same suppliers.

Yeah, and there are still differences between the food and service you get. What I'm getting at is that 2 companies (McD's and INO, for instance) serve 2 different markets.

59 Dano

Walk down the hall and ask the folks in Legal if they're going to come after me guns blazing. I don't have an army of lawyers and politicians like Smith does. Let's just say I'm working on a way to protect myself. Come out of the closet....your "cover" has been blown Closeau.

I doubt they'd need an army of lawyers and politicians to deal with whatever idiocy you're trying to inflict on the world. If I were a betting man I'd go all-in that you've got a dumb idea and your story about legal is nothing but BS. Unless it has to do with libel issues. Based on your posts here, that's probably likely.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I doubt they'd need an army of lawyers and politicians to deal with whatever idiocy you're trying to inflict on the world. If I were a betting man I'd go all-in that you've got a dumb idea and your story about legal is nothing but BS. Unless it has to do with libel issues. Based on your posts here, that's probably likely.

Here's a prediction. You will mysteriously disappear from BC once the "restructuring" process begins full force in October. Your usefulness and purpose will both be finished. I'll ask the same question Ricochet1a did of you. What's going to happen to all of those faithful Purple People in October? I notice you didn't address the issue of FedEx actively diverting business away from the Express opco to the Ground, Office, and Freight opcos. Why is that?

No libel issues here, but I don't have the resources or time to defend myself against FedEx, especially with an opponent who has stacked the deck. If and when I get something going, you'd be one of the first to know since it is your job to defend FedEx at all times. What username will you be assuming then?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You've had you doubts for year but over and over we prove you wrong. We will handle it.
Oh how is that? You guys still operate the same ol' way. And Ground goes through more help than McD's goes through hamburgers. How's that make for quality service?

bbsam

Staff member
Oh how is that? You guys still operate the same ol' way. And Ground goes through more help than McD's goes through hamburgers. How's that make for quality service?

First, I think you are making that up. I don't know the turn over rate and doubt that you do either. Second, you tell me. We're still growing with no end in sight. What are we doing to continue that trend and what can Express learn from it? And make no mistake, Express is going to learn it. 5 times Express' operating margin at Ground?! No way Fred's gonna let that stand nor should he.