address corrections, drivers what do you do??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I remember working in the hub and a fellow sorter and myself would probably find 20-40 bad zips a night, and the person in charge of revenue made sure we kept the gravy train going by giving us so many points per correction, then we were able to use it like cash. Im pretty sure we were raking in hundreds of extra dollars, each of us, in zip corrections. And that was back when the fees were much less than they were now.

ikoi62

I'm a friend/T 22.3 and I do clerical. Intercepts are prerecorded in UDC AS400 upon scanning. I'm fairly certain that this is not a regional thing, either. When a clerk scans an intercept, the information's already there. Instead of manually performing the DCR, the intercept does it's magic. Neat little system, actually.
im a fulltime ecs/udc clerk and yes it is a nice little system when it is filled out right,more then half of the intercepts i get have to be fixed because the info is in the wrong place.
i didn't know they have 22.3 clerks..every clerk in our area was a driver at some point. me i drove for 20 years and have been clerking for 3. and i make a $1.25 less then a driver.

im a fulltime ecs/udc clerk and yes it is a nice little system when it is filled out right,more then half of the intercepts i get have to be fixed because the info is in the wrong place.
i didn't know they have 22.3 clerks..every clerk in our area was a driver at some point. me i drove for 20 years and have been clerking for 3. and i make a $1.25 less then a driver.
Are you full time? How many hours do you get?

L

Lesswork

Nice! My bid was 22.3 Clerk inside/inside but a combo, not a full-time clerk as you are.

The FT clerks at our center (all hours coded on clerical, not combo) all make top driver rate instead of the 26/hr, but are WAD so can be pushed around to pick up misloads and do random things.

Yeah the intercepts are a pain in the @ss when (for instance) they were entered with the apartment # on the street line, etc etc. But generally it's a nice feature to have been implemented.