Affirmative Action Struck Down By SCOTUS

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They didn't take away abortion. They put it back on the states where it should have always been constitutionally. But let's scare monger before the '24 election.
Which is why it's reprehensible what has been going on at elite universities. There are only so many slots available and basing acceptance on race rather than merit is blatantly unfair. Since universities are bastions of liberalism I guess to keep certain minorities voting Democratic they have to kowtow to them. The best academic achievers should get those spots no matter the race.
Legacy admissions are basically White and based on family history at the institution in question. Let's do away with that. And, on abortion, they overturned a ruling that said the Constitution of the United States generally protected a pregnant individual's liberty to have an abortion. 50 years ago. It basically ruled that a state law that banned abortion was unconstitutional. Here's what happened. The Christian Right finally got their way by loading the SCOTUS with 6 CATHOLICS, every single one of the conservative majority and 1 (Sotomayor) in the minority. Beholden to The Pope, The Christian Right, and the GOP, they ignored established law and the will of the majority and made a sweetheart ruling to suit their religious base.

vantexan

Legacy admissions are basically White and based on family history at the institution in question. Let's do away with that. And, on abortion, they overturned a ruling that said the Constitution of the United States generally protected a pregnant individual's liberty to have an abortion. 50 years ago. It basically ruled that a state law that banned abortion was unconstitutional. Here's what happened. The Christian Right finally got their way by loading the SCOTUS with 6 CATHOLICS, every single one of the conservative majority and 1 (Sotomayor) in the minority. Beholden to The Pope, The Christian Right, and the GOP, they ignored established law and the will of the majority and made a sweetheart ruling to suit their religious base.
Roe vs Wade was about privacy, not the constitutional right to have an abortion, which doesn't exist.

All powers not enumerated to the Federal government in the Constitution belong to the States. Roe vs Wade should have never happened. The right to abort, and under what conditions an abortion can happen, belong to each individual state. You want to force California or New York's views on the matter but in many states the majority don't share those views. They have the right to govern themselves on such matters. You don't have the right to dictate how they must do everything.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"People think that the
pelosi belongs on the court because she is corrupt

those judges should not be on there for life, they self regulate and it ends up a corrupt mess
It's The Supreme CATHOLIC Court Of The United States, and it's extremely corrupt.Barrett is straight out of "A Handmaids Tale", Alito is the Pope's (and several others) errand boy, and Clarence is on the Crow Plantation. Roberts isn't much better, nor are the other servants of The Cross (not us). Pelosi is Catholic, so she's "qualified".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Which is why it's reprehensible what has been going on at elite universities. There are only so many slots available and basing acceptance on race rather than merit is blatantly unfair. Since universities are bastions of liberalism I guess to keep certain minorities voting Democratic they have to kowtow to them. The best academic achievers should get those spots no matter the race.
A "Clarence Thomas" took my law school opportunity. In the mid-90s I was thinking hard about law school, took the Kaplan prep course and the LSAT...twice. I don't know what the format is now, but then you could take it twice and your average was your net score for admission purposes. It was only offered twice a year, so I took #1 even though I had a 105 degree temp because I wanted to make the deadline for entrance. I scored 154. The second test I was healthy and scored 164 for an average of 159 under the system in effect at that time. That was 1 point short of getting into my state's public law school. Reliable sources told me that a score of 150 was the bar for certain minorities, so someone else got my place because they were Black or Brown. I was offered admission at several other schools, which were either out of state or so expensive that I couldn't possibly afford it (I needed to be able to work). Bottom line....I couldn't afford that level of debt. The state school was my one reasonable shot.
Regardless, I support Affirmative Action, even if I'm a "victim". I succeeded anyway.

vantexan

lincoln was no julian assange

FDR was no jesus christ

nixon was no MLK

they acted teh way they did out of fear because a movement made them do it
And? Someone has to take the lead. A president isn't inherently evil and you should applaud good no matter who does it.