Amazon Hub Votes to Unionize

nWo

AMAZON WORKERS VOTE YES FOR NEW UNION
Against nearly impossible odds, the Amazon Labor Union (ALU), an independent union, is about to win the first NLRB union election at an Amazon warehouse in the US.

On Thursday night, the vote count was 1,518 in favor of the union and 1,154 against. As of 11:00AM Eastern today, the union lead has grown to 2050-1574, all but guaranteeing a victory for the union.

ManInBrown

Imagine how dumb you have to be to vote against. Wow. There’s literally no downside. If UPS wasnt unionized we’d all be making 20 bucks an hour. i fell down the YouTube rabbit hole one night and stumbled upon an internal Walmart propaganda video warning employees about the dangers of union. Really startling how far these companies go to keep employees firmly entrenched in poverty.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
AMAZON WORKERS VOTE YES FOR NEW UNION
Against nearly impossible odds, the Amazon Labor Union (ALU), an independent union, is about to win the first NLRB union election at an Amazon warehouse in the US.

On Thursday night, the vote count was 1,518 in favor of the union and 1,154 against. As of 11:00AM Eastern today, the union lead has grown to 2050-1574, all but guaranteeing a victory for the union.

Is this a TDU April fools?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Ghost in the Darkness

Imagine how dumb you have to be to vote against. Wow. There’s literally no downside. If UPS wasnt unionized we’d all be making 20 bucks an hour. i fell down the YouTube rabbit hole one night and stumbled upon an internal Walmart propaganda video warning employees about the dangers of union. Really startling how far these companies go to keep employees firmly entrenched in poverty.
They brought in some microwavable pizza, donuts and a few bottles of soda to pass around in exchange for a no vote. Works everytime.

UnionStrong

If UPS wasn’t unionized no one would ever last more than 6 months….maybe.

opie

Gonna be a long ways still to go before they can start negotiating a contract. Amazon will be fighting this till the bitter end. ALU is just a fledgling, Amazon will surely try to diminish it. Ideally if the Teamsters can partner with their resources, it would be a big help. Otherwise they will be depending on donations and volunteers. Nevertheless, it's a historic victory.

542thruNthru

Gonna be a long ways still to go before they can start negotiating a contract. Amazon will be fighting this till the bitter end. ALU is just a fledgling, Amazon will surely try to diminish it. Ideally if the Teamsters can partner with their resources, it would be a big help. Otherwise they will be depending on donations and volunteers. Nevertheless, it's a historic victory.
I heard Sean is already trying to reach out to Chris Smalls.

Definitely going to be a long battle. Hopefully they can get Amazon to the table to get a contract done.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Against all possible odds???

Let's not get carried away. It's NYC. The homeless are unionized there.

Win in Alabama.

ManInBrown

If UPS wasn’t unionized no one would ever last more than 6 months….maybe.
I was going to say people would be walked off every day, but honestly maybe they wouldn’t. Pay would be peanuts. Half the reason people are walked off is because the company is miserable that we make what we make.

UnionStrong

I was going to say people would be walked off every day, but honestly maybe they wouldn’t. Pay would be peanuts. Half the reason people are walked off is because the company is miserable that we make what we make.
They’re not crazy about the high seniority guys who won’t play they’re stupid ass games either. I’ve never worked for a company that is openly hostile to its workers before.

UnionStrong

Absolutely, probably the only company on Earth that the day they hire you, they open a file trying to figure out a way to fire you.
When I was on car wash, I got in my old center managers office one night and pulled my file. Lol. I purged all the bad stuff from over the years, customer complaints, throwing packages, pictures of driver releases from 20 years ago. I left one unsigned warning letter in it for show. Lol

Yolo

2qdtqlbueyq81.jpg