Amazon warehouses

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by NorcalUPS, Nov 7, 2012.

1. NorcalUPS

NorcalUPS New Member

Hello I am new to the site
    I was wondering if any one knows we have two amazons coming in Norcal and Socal how many feeder runs are we looking at?

2. scbbbc

scbbbc New Member

We do ? Where are they ? i just knew of Fernly Nv and Las Vegas Amazon

3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

More than two and less than 100.

4. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

4 in Phoenix and we have quite a few runs because of them and probably a dozen for peak. Treat them well!

5. feeder05

feeder05 Active Member

we have added 3 new runs...Amazon is up grading their facility to increase production. Good chance we will get a few more runs.

6. NorcalUPS

NorcalUPS New Member

One in San Bernardino and one in Patterson

7. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Really?!?! I coulda swore Amazon just closed in Cali and moved everything to Phoenix.

8. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

I think most of our warehouses came from Nevada. Amazon blinked on sales taxes with Gov. Jerry Brown and is brokering deals to collect in most States (Arizona in February).

9. BLACKBALLED

BLACKBALLED Member

Amazon Just announced they are building a new facility in Schertz Texas, outside San Antonio.

10. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

When I went into feeders 2 years ago we had 2 amazon warehouses. Since then amazon has added 2 more bringing our total to 4 and doubled the size of one of the original warehouses. In that 2 year period we have added 30+ new runs and 75 new feeder drivers. Keep those amazon warehouses happy and serviced so we don't lose that volume.

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Amazon is why there should be a sales tax on all Internet purchases, regardless of what state you live in or whether they have a brick and mortar in that state.

12. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

I thought that too. Was told Phoenix air ops expanded when Amazon switched to UPS. Amazon main warehouses are located in AZ if i'm not mistaken.

13. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Yes, they are. I can't remember how many warehouses. 2 for sure, maybe 4. Airport ops had a major expansion just to keep up. I believe the biggest reason they moved was because of the airport operation.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

Would someone please tell them not to put the labels directly over the crease in the box?

15. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I couldn't agree with you more. They don't seem to understand that the label can be put the other way and still act as a security measure. :dissapointed:

16. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

We have Amazon 3, Amazon 5, Amazon 6 (which is actually two buildings) and Amazon 7, all in the West Valley.

Amazon 6, big building on the right:
    1725 S 51st Ave, Phoenix, AZ - Google Maps
    Amazon 3
    6835 W Buckeye Rd, Phoenix, AZ - Google Maps

Amazon 5, big building on the right on Commerce (Macys is farther down)

cotton lane and commerce dr - Google Maps

Amazon 7 on the left and there is a UPS center in the building with Reliant Windows

760 N 75th Ave, Phoenix, AZ - Google Maps
    There is a vicious Roadrunner at this building.

I've got the label thing fixed for all areas except Upstate NY. Those guys have plenty of time to type the barcode in.

17. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

We have Amazon 3, Amazon 5, Amazon 6 (which is actually two buildings) and Amazon 7, all in the West Valley.

Amazon 6, big building on the right:
    1725 S 51st Ave, Phoenix, AZ - Google Maps
    Amazon 3
    6835 W Buckeye Rd, Phoenix, AZ - Google Maps

Amazon 5, big building on the right on Commerce (Macys is farther down)

cotton lane and commerce dr - Google Maps

Amazon 7 on the left and there is a UPS center in the building with Reliant Windows

760 N 75th Ave, Phoenix, AZ - Google Maps
    There is a vicious Roadrunner at this building.
    These aren't actual addresses as we usually just get vague directions to places.

I've got the label thing fixed for all areas except Upstate NY. Those guys have plenty of time to type the barcode in.

18. UpstateNYUPSer

I use Find BC.

19. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

What kind of operation goes on in Upstate NY? Where they time to barcode numbers in. While the rest of UPS have to deal with Amazon BS but Upstaters are exempt.

20. AKCoverMan

AKCoverMan Active Member

How much actual switching took place I wonder? I frequently walk up to a FD delivery with an Amazon box only to find Amazon boxes delivered by one or more of our competitors at the same stop.

Amazon's in bed with everybody! :)