And so it begins

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Purplepackage, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

The season of incredibly late frieght(if that's possible). I'm excited to see weather out Memphis frieght even makes it to the building tomorrow
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

3. Purplepackage

Thinking about weather while typing whether lol
  4. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

I hope you X guys get paid while you wait. Not the case with Ground. Waiting for freight 2-3 hours late was a common occurance in bad weather, yet you were still expected to "clean' no matter if you had an code 82 weather exception or not.
  5. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Sure do.
  6. outtatime

outtatime Active Member

Of course managers will try to get you to go on break while waiting instead of using the delay code or waiting on CTV code. thanks, I'll take my break at lunch time.
  7. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Yep. All it takes is a few rookies to go along with it and management saves some sort hours.
  8. Star B

Star B White Lightning

Or they just call us at home and tell us to not report in until whenever
  9. Purplepackage

Wait for freight? You mean launch at 8:30 to go make "service" on p1 and then have someone shuttle us work at 1:45 in the afternoon. Sums up my day yesterday
  10. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

Or send a PP message. Got that today, start 90 minutes late. I'll be punching at my regular start time. Give me a broom.
  11. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Multiple sorts...if the freight even gets here.
  12. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Yep. Show-up, say you are ready to work as scheduled, and go into a Code 43.
  13. McFeely

McFeely Huge Member

We had a 15 min late start today and you should have seen the look of horror on one courier's face when I punched in at my scheduled (normal) start time. I ended up spending my first 20 min rebooting my PP and trying to get it to load...only to end up taking another one. I think only 2 of us clocked in at our scheduled time today :confused: