And you thought the media was truthful

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by rushfan, Oct 15, 2005.

1. rushfan

rushfan Guest

As matt lauer said the guys must have been holy.

I'm sick of these called reporters.

Talk about staging a news event

(Message edited by rushfan on October 15, 2005)
  2. traveler

traveler Guest

This is actually interesting. I trained drivers as an on car supervisor in that part of Wayne, NJ and also pulled a load or two (++++) in that area. Every time it rains heavily that part of the area floods. When it is a really heavy rain, much of the area is uninhabitable. I once went as far as "up to the gear shift" in a P-600, pulled up to the front stairs of a home and jumped to the landing to deliver a package. (Didn't even get a "thank you" from the recipient.)

That flooding takes place most every year and to me, even in Florida now, it's not news at all. I still wonder how and why people still live there and continue to build.
  3. kybdbanger

kybdbanger Guest

Is that by any chance by a restaurant called Sam's Shack? It's been twenty + years since I lived in Wayne, but it sounds like they still haven't figured out that when you live in a low lying area near a waterway, it's going to flood at some point in time.
  4. traveler

traveler Guest

It was 35 years ago and, well, I guess my memory is failing :-(

Sorry, but I don't remember.
  5. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

CNN is the cable news equivalent of citing a Wikipedia article.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  6. moreluck

If there was a thread titled just "MEDIA" .....there'd be no reason for necroposting.

Two people in particular are always narrowing a title so much that no one else's post ever belongs under their dramatic titles. Be simple, people!!
    One of my pet peeves.
  7. moreluck