Another oil rig blows up!

klein

Für Meno :)
Another oil rig blows up in Gulf Region and Moreluck scooped again!

If it wasn't for Obama's mandatorium, they probably would have been producing by now.
Now, I wonder what the Glenn Beck listeners have to say to that.

Another major disaster luckily avoided !

PS pickup: I haven't seen the sands in Alberta exploding yet, or imagine a leak in sands that are already oil filled ?
They don't even drill, they just scoop !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Another oil rig blows up in Gulf Region and Moreluck scooped again!

Thursday morning is my coffee date with the gay couple next door. Last thing I heard on the TV before I left was Hillary Clinton saying blah, blah, yada, yada.....now just give them the guns so they can shoot it out!!

P

pickup

Thursday morning is my coffee date with the gay couple next door. Last thing I heard on the TV before I left was Hillary Clinton saying blah, blah, yada, yada.....now just give them the guns so they can shoot it out!!

Maybe you ought to write a book "Thursdays with Morries"

av8torntn

If it wasn't for Obama's mandatorium, they probably would have been producing by now.
Now, I wonder what the Glenn Beck listeners have to say to that.

Another major disaster luckily avoided !

PS pickup: I haven't seen the sands in Alberta exploding yet, or imagine a leak in sands that are already oil filled ?
They don't even drill, they just scoop !

What if it turns out that if they were producing oil and fully staffed an explosion would have been prevented?

klein

What if it turns out that if they were producing oil and fully staffed an explosion would have been prevented?

What if, McCain would have been elected ?
Same outcome as George Brown in England after Tony Blair.
Republican party would have gone under, and Obama elected in 2012.

What if's therories are wishful thinking, even for individuals like yourself, because I'm sure you could have made other decisions in your life to be better off today.

av8torntn

What if's therories are wishful thinking, even for individuals like yourself, because I'm sure you could have made other decisions in your life to be better off today.

Exactly like your theory that disaster was averted because of that idiot Obama. You finally got the point of something that I posted.

klein

Exactly like your theory that disaster was averted because of that idiot Obama. You finally got the point of something that I posted.

My point was how badly the state governor of LA handled the BP crises.
Complaining like hell, the clean up effort was not large enough, and the feds doing too little, but also complaning he needed the oil workers back to work.
So, nearly a second oil disaster now...

Is this suppose to be an endless story : We wanna drill, drill, drill, and demand from the feds, please clean, clean , clean after us ?

av8torntn

My point was how badly the state governor of LA handled the BP crises.
Complaining like hell, the clean up effort was not large enough, and the feds doing too little, but also complaning he needed the oil workers back to work.
So, nearly a second oil disaster now...

Is this suppose to be an endless story : We wanna drill, drill, drill, and demand from the feds, please clean, clean , clean after us ?

But the problem was the federal government was blocking most of his efforts to contain and clean up the oil spill so that could not really be your point.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Oil and gas provide a lot of jobs in Gov. Jidal's state. With the ban on fishing and drilling, a lot of people were put out of work. The Feds slow response to the disaster was pathetic.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"My point was how badly the state governor of LA handled the BP crises."

Are you kidding me? Your memory is failing you !! (likor fog brain). Gov. Jindal went flipping nuts trying to get the Federal Gov't to help quickly.....his hands were tied. B.O. screwed up. It was the feds, It was the feds ! :angry: (It was the Dukes, it was the Dukes)

klein

Are you kidding me? Your memory is failing you !! (likor fog brain). Gov. Jindal went flipping nuts trying to get the Federal Gov't to help quickly.....his hands were tied. B.O. screwed up. It was the feds, It was the feds ! :angry: (It was the Dukes, it was the Dukes)

You're just lucky BP agreed to pay for all the clean up and re-imbursements to their tourist industry there.
Otherwise, you as the tax payer, among all other americans would have been on the hook for those mega billions.
And BP, didn't even need to do it, by law. What is the cap oil companies in the US need to pay again ? Something like 200 Million ?

If your soo much for ofshore drilling, why not campagne for it in California ?
Good State revenue, puts people to work, and if anything goes wrong, like a major oilspill, it's up to the feds to clean it up.

You can't lose on that one !

moreluck

golden ticket member
We have offshore drilling in CA. already and a nuclear power plant too. We have many oil refineries too..........bring it on!!!

diesel96

For once BABA got it right AV8...What did we talk about assuming previously....Didn't we ?

It is my understanding that this rig was only a pumping station for an oil pipeline, not a drilling platform.

But the problem was the federal government was blocking most of his efforts to contain and clean up the oil spill so that could not really be your point.
Oil and gas provide a lot of jobs in Gov. Jidal's state. With the ban on fishing and drilling, a lot of people were put out of work. The Feds slow response to the disaster was pathetic.

yada yada....BP's spill is Obama's Katrina. Sorry, FYI...It didn't stick, Nice effort for the hapless GOP though.

Considering the size and the scope of this diseaster, and BP's eneptness of handling a spill, all your efforts of blaming the Fed Gov't and not your precious Corperation BP is clearly transparent even with a black gooyee substance smearing your argument....

More, More, More...so delicately influenced..... Jindal rants were just photo OPS to make up for his wimpy rendention of Obama's first "State of the Union" address.....

Babagounj

Strength through joy
River Oil Spill Workers Were Illegal Aliens

Dozens of undocumented workers, recently part of the Marshall oil spill clean up, have been arrested in the state of Texas. The report claims that two busloads of workers chartered by Hallmark Industrial, a subcontractor of Enbridge, were fired early Tuesday and sent south.
Authorities in Chambers County Texas say they pulled over the two busses and arrested 59 men, 40 of whom were illegal aliens. They say another 40 were able to escape. The arrested workers were taken to a holding facility in Houston.
In a statement, 7th district Congressman Mark Schauer, who has been highly critical of Enbridge handling of the cleanup, says, “our community repeatedly asked the EPA and Enbridge to use local labor, and the fact that Enbridge allowed one of its contractors to hire illegal immigrants is appalling.”

av8torntn

For once BABA got it right AV8...What did we talk about assuming previously....Didn't we ?

Why are you trying to take my post out of context? Didn't Air America go bankrupt trying that?
Just for the future when you try that you may want to use a longer thread. I'm normally not motivated enough to go back and read a long thread.

diesel96

Why are you trying to take my post out of context? Didn't Air America go bankrupt trying that?
Just for the future when you try that you may want to use a longer thread. I'm normally not motivated enough to go back and read a long thread.

In your attempt to shed negative light on Obama's moratorium, your effort to have us conclude this particular rig that exploded was an oil producer, and if fully staffed, it could have been prevented is simply a hypothetical assumption. Now talking about a drilling platform(oil producers), or pumping stations, I'm sure there are regulations in place whereas the rig is either fully staffed or the Company is violating safety regulations....reguardless, accidents still happen, especially when shortcuts are introduced to cut cost.....I'm sorry your feelings are a general representation of the Right Wing in this Country, however these desperate attempts of making every set back as Obama's Waterloo is clearly transparent.....Now I'll be the hypocrite and assume, that's your motivation.....:peaceful: