Anyone else running triple shifters?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by polyp, Aug 5, 2016.

1. polyp

polyp New Member

Lenexa hub is. Day and Twi are hitting overtime every day. We are working sups because we exhausted the double shift list. Word is it'll be this way till after peak.

How is the rest of the hub network doing?
  2. DriverNerd

DriverNerd Member

Our hub is allowing anyone to work Preload, Twilight, and/or Midnight. Any time.
  3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Our hub is a bunch of retards.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

No double shifters at my building. Lucky to get your 3 1/2 on twi. No OT on the other sorts. Besides it has been way to hot and the Fair starts next week.
  5. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

Come peak no additional staffing the operation will fall behind. Trailers will sit for days. If region has to send help, to deal with backlog.

Management in charge will lose their job for allowing that to happen.
  6. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Come Peak all the rules go out the window. I think I will be able to gross $2500/wk bagging smalls double shifting 7 days a week.
  7. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Hubs are a different animal.

In ours, it's hard to keep anyone more than a few months. I don't ever remember seeing turnover so high.

Anyway, as a result (in part) We're allowed to extend to most any shift, provided enough seniority. Basically, if you have more than 5 or 10 years as a part-timer, you can extend to some shifts easily. And with 15+ years I get a little more preference. And I might consider it now that school is starting, weather is cooler and business will only be increasing.
  8. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Please Elaborate Dear sir!
  9. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

It's short for mentally retarded, an outdated term for people with intellectual disabilities. And it's an insult to people with that disability to compare them to the people UPS is hiring :happy-very:.
  10. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Well thats pleasant ..carry on
  11. DriveInDriveOut

Glad I could help.
  12. Future

Future Well-Known Member

i have briefly over the months have read some of your posts.....what is your directive exactly?
  13. Not cool
  14. DriveInDriveOut

My directive? Is that some kind of management term? Please elaborate.
  15. DriveInDriveOut

I agree.
  16. He just asked you a question. Not accusing you of anything
  17. Future

Future Well-Known Member

LOL.....MGT term ? what is your deep insight ... in a phrase ... of what you think is going on ...just in general
  18. General Tso?
  19. 1000RR

1000RR Member

Was working doubles and a few triples here the last month or so. As of last week they are now saying no doubles. New people don't stay long around here.
  20. DriveInDriveOut

What was the question?