Anything I can do about this?

Cincypackagehandler

So I've been a part time package handler for about 6 years on the same belt and I was third in the pickoff order. My belt has a top and bottom pickoff and the guy with the most seniority just went seasonal driving. I was looking forward to picking off as I have done many times before and I do a fine job at it. All of the sudden the night sort pickoff moves to day sort and he has a few months less seniority than me but they're letting him pickoff over me since he's been doing it all along on night sort. Am I screwed or is there anything I can do?

CHALLY9TX

Depends how your building handles those positions. My building follows seniority on preferred positions. Talk to your steward.

undies

Same thing happened to me, luckily I went full time before I had a chance to complain. Talk to your steward or even better, business agent. If this is important to you, take the time to gather information before you act.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So I've been a part time package handler for about 6 years on the same belt and I was third in the pickoff order. My belt has a top and bottom pickoff and the guy with the most seniority just went seasonal driving. I was looking forward to picking off as I have done many times before and I do a fine job at it. All of the sudden the night sort pickoff moves to day sort and he has a few months less seniority than me but they're letting him pickoff over me since he's been doing it all along on night sort. Am I screwed or is there anything I can do?
File a grievance, as this is a preferred job and is supposed to be awarded by seniority in our local (100).
Then, in about a year, after the situation has changed 10 times over, the grievance will be heard and the company will agree to abide by seniority.
Good luck.

5habits100

File a grievance, as this is a preferred job and is supposed to be awarded by seniority in our local (100).
Then, in about a year, after the situation has changed 10 times over, the grievance will be heard and the company will agree to abide by seniority.
Good luck.
Ouch

UPSGUY72

Does your building give you a dollar raise for skilled positions or does everyone get the dollar to start. If everyone gets the dollar your sol.