April Fool's Joke

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
We had a guy here call the center manager and tell them he hit a deer. No damage to the truck but wanted to keep it. It took a little bit for them to get back to him, and when they did, he told them he already field dressed it and it was hanging in his truck. No big deal, he took his lunch when it happened and he would wash out the truck when he got back to the building!! center manager was wondering how to explain this one to District! After letting them sweat it out a little, he told them. We were all laughing on that one!!

raceanoncr

I agree.

One day out of the year, isn't gonna kill anyone. You guys need to lighten up, or I'll bring Josh over to your center. BTW, my loader's name is Josh as well, and I'm not joshing.:happy2:

Steve, with what you've been through already this year, I'm surprised you'd agree on something like this. I ain't dissin you here so don't get the wrong view but I think you can agree, YOU lightened up on various issues and pictures and "The Man" didn't like it and made it quite clear to you.

No, with my job, no matter what it is or entails, one day out of the year COULD kill me or my job.

We had a guy here call the center manager and tell them he hit a deer. No damage to the truck but wanted to keep it. It took a little bit for them to get back to him, and when they did, he told them he already field dressed it and it was hanging in his truck. No big deal, he took his lunch when it happened and he would wash out the truck when he got back to the building!! center manager was wondering how to explain this one to District! After letting them sweat it out a little, he told them. We were all laughing on that one!!
Now see that was funny, but it didn't entail extra work for anyone.

Steve, with what you've been through already this year, I'm surprised you'd agree on something like this. I ain't dissin you here so don't get the wrong view but I think you can agree, YOU lightened up on various issues and pictures and "The Man" didn't like it and made it quite clear to you.

No, with my job, no matter what it is or entails, one day out of the year COULD kill me or my job.

I found it humorous, as well.

Now see that was funny, but it didn't entail extra work for anyone.
Extra work? You mean looking for pkgs on your 3000 shelf instead of your 1000 shelf, is extra work? I guess not everyone on here has a sense of humor.:dissapointed:

S

speeddemon

My preloader decided he was going to play an April Fool's joke on one of the other drivers he loads for. Josh loads 3 pkgs cars and does an awesome job which gives him the time to pull pranks like this. He decided he was going to load everything in sequence but on the wrong shelves. He loaded the 1000 and 5000 in the 3000 and 7000, 2000 and 6000 in the 4000 and 8000 and he reversed the floor locations. He chose this driver because he thought that he had a sense of humor--he didn't and took the prank the wrong way, interrupting the center manager while he was on a conference call to say that he would be over 9.5 because of the prank. Josh was able to get the pkg car resorted and all of his cars closed out just as we hit the belt.

He would have reloaded the whole truck, or I dont take it out. And hell yes, I mean it.

Dagoof

met another driver to take his out going. As I was there he found a missload that he was able to get on the way back in. So we called that driver and asked him where I could meet him to give him the missload. He started screaming and yelling every cuss word you can imagine. He was almost back to the building. After I told him april fools he was still cussin.

I found it humorous, as well.

Extra work? You mean looking for pkgs on your 3000 shelf instead of your 1000 shelf, is extra work? I guess not everyone on here has a sense of humor.:dissapointed:
First of all, the OP said that the 1000 self was moved to the 5000 shelf. In a car that is bricked out, hell yeah it's extra work.
Tell me something how long have you been delivering?

Cementups

Box Monkey
no the original post said the load was basically switched from the right side of hte truck to the left side of the truck and vice versa. 1-3, 2-4, 5-7, 6-8. Tha t would not have been to hard to work with all day, for just one day.and a stop for RDL was put in RDR instead.

Some of you people need to lighten up and enjoy life a little.

Spiderman

Package Slinger
My preloader decided he was going to play an April Fool's joke on one of the other drivers he loads for. Josh loads 3 pkgs cars and does an awesome job which gives him the time to pull pranks like this. He decided he was going to load everything in sequence but on the wrong shelves. He loaded the 1000 and 5000 in the 3000 and 7000, 2000 and 6000 in the 4000 and 8000 and he reversed the floor locations. He chose this driver because he thought that he had a sense of humor--he didn't and took the prank the wrong way, interrupting the center manager while he was on a conference call to say that he would be over 9.5 because of the prank. Josh was able to get the pkg car resorted and all of his cars closed out just as we hit the belt.

He would have reloaded the whole truck, or I dont take it out. And hell yes, I mean it.

That's only because you're a speed demon.

no the original post said the load was basically switched from the right side of hte truck to the left side of the truck and vice versa. 1-3, 2-4, 5-7, 6-8. Tha t would not have been to hard to work with all day, for just one day.and a stop for RDL was put in RDR instead.

Some of you people need to lighten up and enjoy life a little.
This from the guy that raises hell about a cover driver smoking in HIS truck? gimmeabreak...lol

InTheRed

I think the whole situation is kinda funny. If he just reversed the shelves (mirror style) and you ahd to go 3000, 4000, 1000, 2000, 7000, 8000, 5000, 6000....

What's the big deal? If the loader kicks ass it would cost you about a minute or two for the day, if that even. It's like waking up left handed.

NHDRVR

Did any of you pull or were the victim of an April Fool's joke?

I would find that funny but I have a boonie route that's a walkthrough each day.
Just so we're clear, I would not find it funny at all if I had an industrial route, ton of commercial, so on and so forth...
I doubt that Josh did this on a route, maybe I'm wrong, that was an absolute nightmare to deliver.
I don't know, I would have a sense of humor about it I guess.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The main problem with this kind of "prank", is that you have no idea what else that driver has going on that day. Maybe he has a kid's soccer game or school play that he wants to make it to and he's already worrying about getting off at a decent hour. Maybe he had a fight with his wife that morning and he's already stressed. And the first thing he gets hit with at work is a "joke" that is going to make his day even longer and more hassle than it already is. I'm sure the preloader is a good guy who just didn't think things through, but the bottom line is that you shouldn't screw with someone's day like that, because a joke isn't funny unless everybody laughs. Put a whoopie cushion on his seat, or a fake rat behind one of his bulk stops next time.