APWA- divide and conquor

Lizzard Toungue

Show me examples of where the APWA has done better. Show me the contracts they have written up and the pensions they claim they can maintain so well. Prove to me they can do it. I don't want hypothetical numbers, or theories, or promises. I want real world positive results that they have been successful at what they claim they will do for UPSers.
Brett,Would you stay with a financial advisor that rips you off? Of course not. You yourself have said you have done very well yourself investing your money. How many chances would you give somebody that was ripping you off? When I started in 1984 full time we were getting 29 dollars credit in the pension per year. IT had been that way for the previous 15 years. We took up a collection for an accounting as to where this money was going.Soon after the pensio0n went up. The point is the TEAMSTERS have been given too many chances and every time they riped us off .So your willing to keep giving them chances instead of giving the APWA a chance? One last word BOHICA. BEND OVER HERE IT COMES AGAIN . HOffas best contract ever.

Lizzard Toungue

Blah blah blah blah blah. Relying on others for your retirement is your own problem. Have fun being a walmart greeter!
Brett, How about the teamsters relying on the poor part timers for their lavish lifestyles? They pay 2 1/2 their hourly rate in dues.Thats pathetic. When I started in 79 we were starting at 7 dollars an hour, Great teamster bargaining skills got them 1.50 in all most 30 years. I guess nobody could do better than that? They even provide them transportation to and from work because you cannot even afford gas let alone a car.As far as being a wal mart greeter it probably pays better after union dues for part timers.:tongue_sm

satellitedriver

I would like you to show me one competitor of UPS that provides better pay, benefits, and retirment. Its you that don't get it, we are the best among our peers.
And ,the teamsters are the worst among their peers. Just check the conviction rate for teamster officials over the last thirty years compared to any other union.
We, the workers of UPS, should get every cent given to the teamsters for our hard work.
We would have better benefits and retirement if we did not have to share 60% of UPS contributions to others who have never worked for UPS.
We are better than the anyone else in the delivery business and deserve to reap the rewards of our collective work.
When you say "Its you that don't get it", you are correct. Other people who never worked at UPS get the majority of the benefits.

pkgdriver

Blah blah blah blah blah. Relying on others for your retirment is your own problem. Have fun being a walmart greeter!

Agreed Brett

Now give me my pension contributions in My 401K

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Quit bringing up starting part time wages. Driver starting pay is frozen also. Starting driver pay was 10.91 in 1988 and 14.87 now when full time pay is 12.00 more per hour. Partimers get the same wage increases in the contract as full timers. You are a part timer by choice. If you want a full time job go get one.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Ya know...I'm curious about how these x-company only unions actually work. As in, are they truly effective? I've seen it mostly in the airline industry: Southwest Airlines with SWAPA(Southwest Airlines Pilot Association), American Airlines with APA (Allied Pilots Association) and UPS Airlines with the IPA. I guess it'd mostly be directed to UPS pilots but I'm still curious: are you happier with the IPA as your CBA agent? Just curious. And all you pro-APWA people: STAY THE H*LL out if this one. I'm asking a directed, specific question. -Rocky

brett636

Ya know...I'm curious about how these x-company only unions actually work. As in, are they truly effective? I've seen it mostly in the airline industry: Southwest Airlines with SWAPA(Southwest Airlines Pilot Association), American Airlines with APA (Allied Pilots Association) and UPS Airlines with the IPA. I guess it'd mostly be directed to UPS pilots but I'm still curious: are you happier with the IPA as your CBA agent? Just curious. And all you pro-APWA people: STAY THE H*LL out if this one. I'm asking a directed, specific question. -Rocky

I don't think I've ever seen a pilot post on this forum before. Stranger things have happened though.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I don't think I've ever seen a pilot post on this forum before. Stranger things have happened though.

Yeah, same here. Its a worthwhile question to ask, I think. I've heard how those companies drag negotiations out for an unseemly period of time before they agree to a contract. APWA makes me wary partly because of that. It took UPS pilots, what? Four years to get a new contract? -Rocky

Bill

"I`m thinking cheryl gives out higher rep power like cotton candy - Look at Brett636 with a 50 power woo hooo !"

WRONG! Rep power is determined by other posters, not Cheryl. Click on Bretts name, and you'll see who gave him positive credit.
Who cares about rep power. This is a meaningless statistic. It's what you write and can verify this information that counts. Brett, unfortunately proves time and time again how ignorant he is by what he says.

Bill

Why should the pilots post anything on this forum. They already have what they bargained for without a loss of benefits as is the case with the Teamsters.

Bill

Yeah, same here. Its a worthwhile question to ask, I think. I've heard how those companies drag negotiations out for an unseemly period of time before they agree to a contract. APWA makes me wary partly because of that. It took UPS pilots, what? Four years to get a new contract? -Rocky
At least the pilots bargained for AND received a good contract. Four years is a short time compared to the lousy contracts negotiated by the Teamsters over the last 20 or so years.

brett636

At least the pilots bargained for AND received a good contract. Four years is a short time compared to the lousy contracts negotiated by the Teamsters over the last 20 or so years.

Our positions aren't quite as strong as the pilots are. Its more possible for the APWA to drag out a contract negotiation for 4 years and come out with something worse than what we currently have.

sawdusttv

Our positions aren't quite as strong as the pilots are. Its more possible for the APWA to drag out a contract negotiation for 4 years and come out with something worse than what we currently have.

Worse than what we currently have?????

Just what do you think we are going to get in 2008. The teamsters have nothing to bargain with and UPS knows it. This is why the teamsters are prepared to give UPS anything they want as long as the company lines the IBTs pockets. The teamsters know that after the 97 fiasco they wouldn't stand a chance of getting a strike vote approval let alone pull off striking UPS. So, they know that they are at the companied mercy.
What does that mean for the employees??
Another greatest contract ever!!!!!!
We can't afford another one of those!!!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Worse than what we currently have?????

Just what do you think we are going to get in 2008. The teamsters have nothing to bargain with and UPS knows it. This is why the teamsters are prepared to give UPS anything they want as long as the company lines the IBTs pockets. The teamsters know that after the 97 fiasco they wouldn't stand a chance of getting a strike vote approval let alone pull off striking UPS. So, they know that they are at the companied mercy.
What does that mean for the employees??
Another greatest contract ever!!!!!!
We can't afford another one of those!!!!
The contract isnt perfect, but it isnt a horrible contract either. $28 and change an hour is great money, now throw in the benefits, And about a strike vote, we might be walking the picket line monday, weather looks good in the 60s cant wait!

sawdusttv

You might be walking the picket line, but I'll bet that there will be so few of you out there, that the next line you walk will be the unemployment line.

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Blah blah blah blah blah. Relying on others for your retirment is your own problem. Have fun being a walmart greeter!
I`m a skilled Feeder driver Brett636 and financially way better than you but who cares about that. I am looking out for those that need it to and thats some security ! Walmart greeter not so bad after all especially if i had your dimentia but then you could meet a lot of new people everyday :w00t: Hooow ya dooooing ?

Cole

Brett said,
Why should I vote for a union with no track history?

That's a perfectly valid question, and I would respond by saying, the stewards that really do the job and police/enforce the contract now, and some that are business agents now, and do it the right way have the track records you are speaking of. Many have been in the trenches and are not afraid to step up for our co-workers and our contract, labor law rights etc...

Also, you the member will have the right to vote in who you feel will best represent you, and if they don't, the founding charter members in that region can vote this person out.

Of course there's fears of transitioning from something established, to one, looking to get going, but things are not how they used to be, in that it is unlikely we will have to face mobs with bats, and other weapons as the old days, when the companys would hire leg breakers to beat down the union.

There is also alot of experts in the field of labor to learn from.

I just believe we as a group can get it done to our workers benefit.

brett636

I`m a skilled Feeder driver Brett636 and financially way better than you but who cares about that. I am looking out for those that need it to and thats some security ! Walmart greeter not so bad after all especially if i had your dimentia but then you could meet a lot of new people everyday :w00t: Hooow ya dooooing ?

You called yourself skilled, thats funny. I've come across quite a few truck drivers whose IQs couldn't be higher than the temperature of my freezer. From reading this post and others it appears you are an esteemed member of that same group.