APWA is controlled by a Union-busting Lawyer

Cole

Pathetic people like you have to resort to personal attacks, and try and blow smoke up everyone's rears about this lame duck running our union!
Amazing to me how stupid people like you are.

Why was it his Father went to prison? Boy he brought in some real doozies to run CS Pension fund! Allen Dorfman was a real member oriented one wasn't he!

And Jim really got us a great pension last contract eh? We in CS thank you, really we do!

Whose contract has he "vigorousley" enforced?! Sure he's good at having his picture on most pages of the Teamster magazine, but that's not building unity. Where's his boyz Hogan and the Gang these days? Oh yeah they're gone! I am sure his Father's name and connections:wink: and I stress connections, never ever gave him a step up! LOL

Which big cases can you point us to that Jim took on and won. I give you that it is certainly no easy to run a union these days with NAFTA etc..., but Jim should enjoy this last term of his because if the APWA doesn't win, we will get really organized to get more than a name in office.

LOL stricter health and safety regulations! For who?! Certainly not us at UPS, where most of our trucks are probably as bad as those crossing the borders, with no powersteering, no real ventilation, and a puny van in the cab at best! Where's this climatic conditions committee, we want the minutes because I don't think they do anything but collect a pension, because the proofs in the pudding and it's pretty stale here!

Show me action and not alot of words, as anyone can blow hot air! I have been around long enough to see the thumb sitters sit and spin and do minimal, but talk the big talk! ;)

sawdusttv

BACKGROUND
James P. Hoffa grew up on picket lines and in union meetings. He is the only son of James R. Hoffa, former General President of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. On his 18th birthday, Hoffa received his own union card and was sworn in by his father. Prior to becoming Administrative Assistant to Michigan Joint Council 43, Hoffa was a labor lawyer in Detroit for 25 years.

TEAMSTER CAREER
  • 1960s: Teamster laborer in Detroit and Alaska, loading and unloading freight from ships, driving trucks and buses, and operating heavy equipment.
  • 1968-93: Teamster attorney representing members in workers compensation cases, Social Security, and personal legal matters; represented Teamster joint councils and local unions.
  • 1993-98: Administrative Assistant to the President of Michigan Joint Council 43.
  • 1999-Present: General President, International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
APPOINTMENTS
  • 2002: President’s Council on the 21st Century Workforce
  • 2002: Secretary of Energy's Advisory Board
EDUCATION
  • 1959: Graduated from Detroit public schools, National Honor Society, All-City and All-State football player.
  • 1963: Degree in Economics, Michigan State University, played football under legendary coach Duffy Daugherty.
  • 1966: LLB Law Degree, University of Michigan.
  • 1967: Awarded Ford Foundation Fellowship to work in Michigan State Senate.
PERSONAL
  • Born: May 19, 1941 in Detroit, Michigan
  • Family: Parents – Josephine and James R. Hoffa; Sister – Barbara Hoffa Crancer, attorney and Circuit Judge in St. Louis, Mo.; Wife – Virginia Harris Hoffa, former teacher and licensed veterinary technician; Children – David and Geoffrey, both Michigan State University graduates.
  • Hobbies: Outdoor activities including fishing, hunting and golf.
TEAMSTER GOALS
  • Organize the unorganized;
  • Negotiate industry-leading contracts;
  • Vigorously enforce Teamster contracts
  • Ensure a corruption-free union;
  • Continue fiscal reform and budgetary accountability;
  • Fight trade policies that threaten American jobs and other anti-labor legislation;
  • Demand stricter health and safety regulations.

I can not believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How gullible can people be?????????????????????????

If Jimmy Jr. is this great, all mighty labor lawyer, Why is it that our UPS contract is so full of vague language, misleading articles, and double talk. wouldn't you think that a great labor lawyer like little Jimmy would guard against this type of practice. With Mr. Hoffa's great accolades, there is "NO" excuss for this, so it must have been done on purpose, in order to mislead us, confuse us, and manipulate us for the good of himself, his personal agenda (money and power), and to keep the money coming through giving the company what they want, by implementing this vague language in our contract so that the company can twist it to work in there favor.
EXAMPLE: I had a feeder manager that I was arguing an issue with. I showed him in black and white (contract book) where what I was saying was correct.
The feeder managers response? I QUOTE!!!
"That's what it says, but that's not what it means"

With Mr. Hoffa being this great labor lawyer there is no other explanation for the vague and misleading contracts that he continues to shove down our throats, except that he is intentionally sliding the long hard one to each and every one of us.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fullhouse

BACKGROUND
James P. Hoffa grew up on picket lines and in union meetings. He is the only son of James R. Hoffa, former General President of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. On his 18th birthday, Hoffa received his own union card and was sworn in by his father. Prior to becoming Administrative Assistant to Michigan Joint Council 43, Hoffa was a labor lawyer in Detroit for 25 years.

TEAMSTER CAREER
  • 1960s: Teamster laborer in Detroit and Alaska, loading and unloading freight from ships, driving trucks and buses, and operating heavy equipment.
  • 1968-93: Teamster attorney representing members in workers compensation cases, Social Security, and personal legal matters; represented Teamster joint councils and local unions.
  • 1993-98: Administrative Assistant to the President of Michigan Joint Council 43.
  • 1999-Present: General President, International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
APPOINTMENTS
  • 2002: President’s Council on the 21st Century Workforce
  • 2002: Secretary of Energy's Advisory Board
EDUCATION
  • 1959: Graduated from Detroit public schools, National Honor Society, All-City and All-State football player.
  • 1963: Degree in Economics, Michigan State University, played football under legendary coach Duffy Daugherty.
  • 1966: LLB Law Degree, University of Michigan.
  • 1967: Awarded Ford Foundation Fellowship to work in Michigan State Senate.
PERSONAL
  • Born: May 19, 1941 in Detroit, Michigan
  • Family: Parents – Josephine and James R. Hoffa; Sister – Barbara Hoffa Crancer, attorney and Circuit Judge in St. Louis, Mo.; Wife – Virginia Harris Hoffa, former teacher and licensed veterinary technician; Children – David and Geoffrey, both Michigan State University graduates.
  • Hobbies: Outdoor activities including fishing, hunting and golf.
TEAMSTER GOALS
  • Organize the unorganized;
  • Negotiate industry-leading contracts;
  • Vigorously enforce Teamster contracts
  • Ensure a corruption-free union;
  • Continue fiscal reform and budgetary accountability;
  • Fight trade policies that threaten American jobs and other anti-labor legislation;
  • Demand stricter health and safety regulations.
Don't forget to list the UPS stock they he inherited from his father. If you need to understand his reasoning about the decisions he makes. Ask your self one question. How much would his stock increase/decrease in value as a result?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Satellitedrive, the only reason you would get 700 a month with 25 years service in the central states area is I'm guessing that you were under the part time company controlled plan when you started. All those years full time prior to the end of 2003 were paying at a rate of 100 dollars for every vested year. From my understanding the years after 2003 are penalized that 6 percent for every year before the age of 62, so your totals do not make sense.

As far as this AWPA being company supported, it could be considering their claim of partitioning the funds that belong to UPS employees in the cental states is the same thing that UPS wanted during those congressional hearings prior to the new pension reform act of 2006.

People better be reading the lasted on the current negotiations, read between the lines and make your judgements on what is going on behind the scenes. Here is my take on this: That the union is trying to take over the part-timers' pension funds in the central states plan to fortify the current underfunding. For example in the teamster's western conference trust the part timers contribute the same hourly rate as a full timer into a pension and health and welfare plan (per article 34, master lanuage). Not so currently in the central states trust were the company has total control of all the part timers retirement investments. That is one of the reasons that the central states plan is experiencing difficulty, the only ones contributing are the full timers. Could you imagine the monetary windfall that this trust would benefit if ALL the union employees part time and full time were contributing. Considering that most of the UPS full timers under central states have at least 6 to 15 years part time service already. How far the union can go back to collect those funds would be another interesting story. This brings up an interesting question to whatever happen to the contributions that should of been going into our pension and health and welfare plans, I have my own opinions, let us hear yours.

Memories...

What is the definition of insanity anyway?

Overpaid Union Thug

Oh look. Another bumped thread. That means……

02907D65-BC43-4EF1-AFB1-5335B6ACAE32.jpeg

time for another DAVE BOMB!

cachmeifucan

Oooh, lots of personal attacks going on, heck even threatened physical, but Cheryl is strangely absent. Keeps my suspicions about the origin of this forum alive anyway.

"Lose" is spelled with one 'o' by the way, "loose" is the opposite of "tight". Not bitching about typos, but that seems to be a common spelling mistake.

Yes if by some odds defying way the Teamsters were voted out you can say goodbye to your jobs. APWA has no power, no history, and no backing. Striking is now not an option. So the company could easily neutralize the APWA and implement provisions they wanted to do in 1997.

What the company wants is to change the basic structure of your jobs to that of Fedex: where you load in the morning, drive or drive then unload. They do that by eliminating any new regular full time driver positions (hey, anyone think this could be Cover Drivers?). Now the separations start, either by discipline, early buyout, or simply working you to death til you quit. Think they can't easily go the discipline route? You have no more 3 tiered grievance process as you did under the Teamsters, if you have one at all (no mention of the grievance process on the APWA site).
So what are you going to do? You're a driver who may have his degree but might not. No other company is offering the pay and benefits you had so you either try to get into Fedex before everyone else beats you or maybe UPS 'allows' you to re-apply for your job again at the new pay and benefit rate, and of course new work rules. Congratulations!

"At will employment" is the same thing as what Right to Work (for less) states have. You basically work at the will of the employer and they can fire you anytime for no reason, for good reason, but not for a bad reason if you are willing to sue. So pretty much you are screwed.
So im confused are u for or against apwa. Im for them it seems like its a option. I probably would never vote the teamsters out but if this gets traction maybe my pension will get a increase. I never heard of this before you brought it up. Il be keeping a eye out. 705 red our pension needs to be more like California. Pt pension is worth 60$ per year and capped at 35 years thats no bueno. My pension is worth 108 a Year. Our cost of living is high.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
So im confused are u for or against apwa. Im for them it seems like its a option. I probably would never vote the teamsters out but if this gets traction maybe my pension will get a increase. I never heard of this before you brought it up. Il be keeping a eye out. 705 red our pension needs to be more like California. Pt pension is worth 60$ per year and capped at 35 years thats no bueno. My pension is worth 108 a Year. Our cost of living is high.

You might want to check the original date .. it was posted way back in 2007.. just before the Central buy out and the 2008 contract.

It is easy to be confused... nothing has really changed with problems with our pension plans...

The West is getting fatter and the rest are scrounging for left over bones...same story, different channel.

cachmeifucan

You might want to check the original date .. it was posted way back in 2007.. just before the Central buy out and the 2008 contract.

It is easy to be confused... nothing has really changed with problems with our pension plans...

The West is getting fatter and the rest are scrounging for left over bones...same story, different channel.
Sorry i guess i should blame the foo who went all the way back and posted to a old post. Im a upser so i definitely dont want to support other people that dont work for big brown. I guess thats just my selfish opinion

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Sorry i guess i should blame the foo who went all the way back and posted to a old post. Im a upser so i definitely dont want to support other people that dont work for big brown. I guess thats just my selfish opinion They supported
Why? We have more power the more employers we organize. Freight supported us when UPS was only paying $2 and change in the pension. It's $12.81 here, more than double what Sean negotiated.
Who said something about insanity?

APWA died with Tom Coleman, it's Union busting lawyer. Zero traction.

Last edited: