Arrest after 30 day probation

Kis124

A friend of mine was hired mid-January and was arrested this Monday for possession. I know he will be fired for 3 ANC's in a row. My question is, if for some reason he finds a way call out and salvage his job, can/Will he be fired for the arrest? He works preload

Sent using BrownCafe App

J

jibbs

Possession charge?

From what I gather, UPS tends to give a Teamster a rehabilitation option before going straight to discharge. I actually remember reading language to that effect in either the contract or a supplement.

Being fired for a no-call-no-show is different, though, even if you didn't show and couldn't call because you were in a holding cell. Even then, though, your friend would still have had access to a phone so.... yeah... I'd say his employment status is going to depend on the employee-in-question's relationship with management prior to this incident.

Probably depends on how many felons are already on his shift.:surprised:

Dude's game must be on point if he's getting felony possession charges. Or he lives in NYC or somewhere equally as ridiculous with their drug laws and mandatory minimums.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A friend of mine was hired mid-January and was arrested this Monday for possession. I know he will be fired for 3 ANC's in a row. My question is, if for some reason he finds a way call out and salvage his job, can/Will he be fired for the arrest? He works preload

Sent using BrownCafe App
There was a guy I worked with a few years back...5 years in..he.was arrested on possession charges...had to serve a year in jail. He got his job back when he got out.

Mack Grant

Sent using BrownCafe App
I've seen plenty of pters in jail where I am. Tell someone they know to call the center and explain the situation. Also they should get some type of document from the jail stating that they were confined with the appropriate dates to match. These folks don't lose their job on a report to work letter from what I've seen.
P.S tell your friend to stop messing with drugs.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Sent using BrownCafe App
Possession of what is the big question here.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Possession of what and how much? Also where are u. I know here possession of under 35g of weed is only a misdemeanor.

browntroll

depends on his sups/management. i saw a few guys in my hub go to jail for stuff they of course did no call no shows.
all they told me was the sups told them not to say anything and the sups would cover for them so basically sups just say
they sent them home for getting to work late.

S

selfcancelsignal

Why are there so many misloads again?

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Why are there so many misloads again?

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal
Because a good percentage of preload comes to work stoned? I was honestly surprised when I first started working here that UPS doesn't have a policy that if an employee gets injured on the job, they require a drug test. Many big companies already implement this policy. We'll see it eventually, I'm sure.

FilingBluesFL

From what I understand, if you no call no show for consecutive days... when you come back, it's counted as ONE.

I got a brother a job here, and he had his route cut, and came up with some story about being depressed and unable to cope or some crap, and stopped coming to work.

A month later, it was considered just one no-call because it was all consecutive.

Check your contract language.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
We had a guy on the pre load in S Boston in a trailer unloading and trapped in there by the FBI and DEA taken out at gun point for drugs and murder few years ago !
Wonder how the center manager coded that off !!