Back to part time

Drawzzz

I am a full time driver ! Hate it ! Is there anyway back to part time ? My wife has medical problems, I need to be home more !

Drawzzz

My wife has depression and bipolar, and I have a 4 year old at home ! I'm just stressed , and the stress of the job added to my home stressed is killing me !

Ron Carey lives on

The company will always take the position( they sent you to school, increased your benefits and pay) Now you realize this is not a 9 to 5 job and you want to go back. We have to drivers that want to go back to part time, 2 of the last 5 that have qualified. I think I would study the life of a driver before I blocked another part timer from increasing his livelihood

Sent using BrownCafe App

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
If you haven't passed your probationary period yet, fail it on putpose.

Slow down. Go over an hour or more every day.

Then they will send you back to part time.

UPSmechanicinblue

This is in the NMA not sure anything in your local suplement

If a full-time employee cannot be reasonably accommodated in a full-time job, the Company may offer a part-time job as a reasonable accommodation if the employee is qualified and meets the essential functions of the job. If the employee accepts the part-time accommodation, the employee will be placed into the applicable part-time health & welfare and pension programs, will be paid the appropriate part-time rate for the job performed based on his company seniority, and will receive the part-time contractual entitlements as per the appropriate Supplement, Rider, or Addendum using his Company seniority date. This placement will not prohibit the employee from bidding on future full-time jobs for which he is qualified and meets the essential functions of the job. Should the employee not accept the part-time reasonable accommodation, he shall be allowed to be inactive for three (3) years. During those three (3) years, he shall have the ability to return to his job should he become able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation; have the ability to bid on openings as his seniority allows, providing he can perform the essential functions of that job; and have the ability to accept the part-time accommodation referenced above. After three (3) years, his seniority shall be considered broken. Said employee shall be entitled to receive long term disability and workers’ compensation in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
You should first try and use FMLA otherwise known as the Family Medical Leave Act. This will provide you 12 weeks of time off per year to take care of your family. The time is unpaid but you'll maintain benefits and cannot be disciplined. You can also use this block of time to shorten your day; UPS will :censored2: a brick but FMLA can be used in either fractions of a day or entire day blocks.

You would need to essentially hire a lawyer (on your own dime) and pursue an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) claim in order to go back to being PT. I don't think this would apply to you as your wife is the individual affected, but I'm not an attorney.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
lose your license .
Nothing works faster than an OUI or DUI .
Remember to put on a good show with mgt . begging them that you love your job and are willing to compromise .