Basic instincts

qdg2

How many times have you heard the urban legend "Half of marriages end in divorce".

"So you -- you at the altar with your wife you claim to love so much -- you have a 50/50 chance you're gonna get divorced!"

NOT TRUE.

Here are the FACTS. I'm fact checking, I'm myth busting this URBAN LEGEND:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The chances of divorce or marital disruption increase with the number of partners.
According to Amato, the lifetime risk of divorce is between 42 and 45 percent.
The overall likelihood of marital disruption is pushing 50 percent if you include
permanent separations that don’t end in divorce.

The percentage of people who have separated from their first marriage is:
4% for people with one partner
28% for people with two or three partners
41% for people with four to six partners
50% for people who’ve had seven or more sex partners during their lifetime.

So you have a 1 in 25 chance of getting divorced, unless you've fooled around before marriage.
It's a scientific fact that women (in particular) lose the ability to pair-bond, with every partner they add to their "body count". The effect might be similar in men, but not necessarily. Men and women are almost different species, remember.
Only 3% of people are virgins when they get married(for the sake of brevity...let's assume such). So, your "facts" aren't very relevant. My brief search(about 10 seconds) revealed 35%-50% of first marriages result in divorce. 2nd much higher near double 70%. Not many folks dispute these numbers. BTW, the trend for divorce seems to be trending down slightly.

So, it's possible that a person could be married 3 times and only have 3 partners or even 1 partner. Possible. So their chance of divorce is 4%-28%? I can't imagine such or most likely....anyone else. Numbers like this need context.

Marital disruptions? Huh?

Safe bet that 50% of marriages fail. But then that's where this started.....

qdg2

Only one flaw in that scenario... All women have had more than seven sex partners before they get married, therefore that chart is based on a ficticious scenario.

Thus... The 50%+ divorce rate.

Women that say otherwise, are just A) liars as well as sluts... Or B) liars that actually care about you, and want to shield your male ego.

Womens' entire mission in life is to find a willing host to leach off of, by any means necessary. Grow up.
Say, have you had more than 7 partners?

Why do men marry? Love? LOLOLOLOL