Beat Orion

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 2BadKneesPlease, Mar 18, 2016.

1. 2BadKneesPlease

2BadKneesPlease New Member

Anyone else have the "Beat Orion" sheet in their center? We have to log our miles prior to punching out. If we are over Orion's planned miles we MUST explain why. I've seen some real funny comments on this sheet....
  2. Number24

Number24 #24

Sounds like a whole lot of piLe *cough* miLe of s*** to me.
  3. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

File harassment. Orion calculates all smart pick ups into the plan. If the smart pick up comes out of the board you save miles right there. It's unfair treatment. Guy on route a could have 3 smart pick ups he doesn't have to go to, saves 10 miles right there. Guy on route b has no smart pick ups and is then screwed.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

How about the extra miles for on call airs?
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Also, the extra miles to take stops off another driver?
  6. tacken

tacken Active Member

EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA right me up this is your master plan!!!!!!!
  7. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

I haven't touched our "Beat ORION" sheet in nearly a year. And last time I did my comments were not welcome.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Explain why. Lmao.

I'll tell you what my explanation would be everyday.

"Orion said I should run X number of miles I ran Y number of miles. Y > X. Therefore I ran more miles than Orion said."
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Write in: cause' Orion blows!
  10. they gave me a warning letter for Orion compliance:crying:
    So now I comply 100%
    They won't ask for any input on why at my center. Orion wants residential backs and all sorts of non sense
  11. UPSER110

UPSER110 Active Member

Eh, thats a tough one... I was getting called into the office for not following orion I was like 65% trace but 15 miles UNDER... I started following it better but there is no way I will follow it 100%.. SAFETY is #1. I will not park on the wrong side of the road or back into driveways etc. Follow it to the best you can and always use SAFETY if it is an issue with management.
  12. I don't back in drive ways I walk them off and run it 100% now, unless I need to break for air I'll usually let them know before leaving building.
  13. Overpaid Union Thug

Did you grieve that warning letter? Are you on the 9.5 list?
  14. I'm on 9.5 list, I have the protest right in front of me. Turning it in tomorrow when I go to my locals monthly meeting.
  15. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

The last time I filled in the comments section I wrote "#logistics". My sup wasn't amused.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Overpaid Union Thug

Interesting. The only warning letters here were for failing to go to the first stop in ORION. But that ended right before they stopped mentioning ORION. We don't even get the "Your ORION miles are ___" messages in the DIAD anymore.
  17. I don't even care anymore, I'm just filing everything so they like to get me with anything. If you are writing up for Orion miles you are grasping.
  18. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

They are smart enough not to ask us why we didnt follow ORION or why our miles were over. If they ever did require me to provide an explanation...I would write a BOOK. I always wanted to be an author, it would be great if UPS paid me to be one!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Because I can't drive thru the woods and over lakes. Orion 100% thinks you can.
  20. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Hey Boss!
    I beat Orion miles!
    You will be getting calls about late airs and missed pickups, but I beat their miles!
    Isn't that just grand?
    Now, you want I should beat Orion miles, or make service on everything in my truck?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List